We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nairobi Airport Question

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 3
Nairobi Airport Question

I asked this in the Kenya and Tanzania forums but not quite getting proper responses. I figured I might get better advice here.

I'm still looking for flights for my trip to Tanzania in July but wanted to ask a question on something I noticed while browsing the flights for the last few months.

Getting flights to Kili is not a problem. However, the return flights I'm seeing from KLM (my preferred airline) frequently go something like this

Depart JRO 6am to Nairobi on Precision Air

1hr 15min layover in Nairobi then onwards to AMS via KLM

I'm curious if that 1hr 15min layover is ok? Is that achievable in Nairobi airport? Is Precision Air generally pretty good with times? Also would Precision Air check my bags all the way through since everything is on one ticket? I'm guessing so but just not sure. If I only had carry on, would I have to go through security again for the KLM flight or would I just walk over to the departure gate to catch my KLM flight?

Any info is appreciated!

Now I got this response but as he indicated, he has no personal experience. I'm hoping someone might be able to verify any of this.

Hi,

I have no personal experience of Precision Air or this route so hopefully someone who has will either confirm or correct what I am going to say.

Kenya Airways (KQ) own over 40% of Precision Air and have an alliance with it, it's flights are code shared with Kenya Airways. KLM own more than 25% of KQ and it is in the Sky Team Alliance with KLM, so your Precision flight should also be a KLM code share. So you should be able to book your full journey on the same ticket. Therefore your baggage should be checked all the way through as indeed you should be with no need to check in or go through Immigration at NBO.

Prior to the fire at NBO you would have arrived and departed from the same terminal therefore only having to walk along the airside corridor between gates, however, the post fire arrangements mean that arrivals are now bused to a temporary Arrivals Terminal. I have not been in international transit since the fire so don't know for definite, but I would imagine transit passengers are taken by a different bus to the Departures terminal, if so you should have plenty of time to make the connection.

If KLM will sell you the ticket they are confident that you can make the connection and if you are delayed and don't it is their responsibility to make other arrangements and to look after you until you fly

1 reply
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 3
1. Re: Nairobi Airport Question

bump...

Reply to: Nairobi Airport Question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted