We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easyjet holidays....never again.

Cardiff
reviews: 21
Easyjet holidays....never again.

I feel compelled to share my experience of easyjet holidays to help others making the same mistake as my partner and I.

At the end of Dec 13 my partner and I booked a weeks's holiday in Sharm El Sheikh which was due to start on 1st Feb 14. We arrived at the airport in plenty of time for our flight only to be told that the flight was overbooked and we'd be unable to board. Check in had only been open for 30 minutes! Flight on the following day was also full so couldn't go on that one either.

EJ holidays promised a full refund but as it was late we called them only to be told that the refund hadn't been issued when we were told it had been so we'd have to wait a further 5 days.

Easy jet staff in the airport couldn't have been less helpful if they'd tried.

Long trip to the airport, hotel stay, weeks car parking, travel insurance, cattery all paid for and a week booked off work all for nothing as we were back home less than 24 hrs after we'd set off.

We've complained to easyjet holidays and have yet to receive any meaningful response other than an acknowledgement that our case was live.

The first and last time we'll book with easyjet.

81 replies to this topic
London, United...
reviews: 23
1. Re: Easyjet holidays....never again.

Sorry to hear that, that's really bad and very disappointing. I would want more than a full refund to be honest. Pretty crappy service all round.

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 24
2. Re: Easyjet holidays....never again.

You are entitled to a lot more than a full refund as I'm fairly certain the provisions of EU 261 will apply.

eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do…

Romford, United...
3. Re: Easyjet holidays....never again.

Fingers crossed you get a full fund from EasyJet Holidays but in addition you are also due euros 600 each person in your booking for denial of boarding (Type 3 flight) under regulation EU261/2004 from EasyJet the airline not the Holiday Company

UK
reviews: 88
4. Re: Easyjet holidays....never again.

In addition to a refund, and EU261 denial of boarding pay, and payment of all ancillary expenses like taxis, parking etc, IMO you should also be asking for compensation for the ruined holiday, which I would say is at least equal to whatever the holiday cost.

Put it in writing , short and sweet, and threaten legal action and take it if you dont get all those.

Cornwall
reviews: 8
5. Re: Easyjet holidays....never again.

That sucks, what a horrid situation, I would be distraught! Heres hoping you get the compensation you deserve.

Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
6. Re: Easyjet holidays....never again.

Hi

This is dreadful, if you check out their website they tell you all about regulation 261 and you should be entitled to compensation plus a refund and I would go for all the other incidental expenses.

Jackie

Romford, United...
7. Re: Easyjet holidays....never again.

EasyJet have a fb page-put your sorry saga on that as well

wirral
reviews: 74
8. Re: Easyjet holidays....never again.

That was dreadful.Shame on easyJet the airline,easyJet Holidays are incidental.Unless there was a late change of aircaft to a smaller one I fail to see how it could have been over-booked because all flight bookings have to made with easyJet not through agents as it doesn't have any.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
9. Re: Easyjet holidays....never again.

Easyjet do sell via GDS and therefore through agents. They also sell seats to tour operators.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 133
10. Re: Easyjet holidays....never again.

I don't know if I'd have been so calm if it happened to me, you definitely deserve more than the refund, let us know how it goes.

Reply to: Easyjet holidays....never again.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted