We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air New Zealand

Wyoming
reviews: 3
Air New Zealand

Will be traveling from LAX to Auckland on Air New Zealand, and was looking for some feedback on what you thought about the flight, everything from checking-in, boarding, meals and drinks, to arriving through customes. Will be flying in PE on the inner seats.

Thanks

17 replies to this topic
London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
reviews: 12
1. Re: Air New Zealand

Whenever I've flown them, pre-flight has gone smoothly. IFE had multiple choices, food is actually pretty good and friendly, professional staff but without being stuffy.

My airline of choice to NZ.

The only thing I don't like about them is their prices :)

Newmarket, Canada
reviews: 35
2. Re: Air New Zealand

Excellent airline. I've always enjoyed my flights with them. Unfortunately, they're really stingy now about releasing reward seats to Star Alliance partners on their flights between Auckland and North America.

Edited: 3:59 pm, February 05, 2014
London, United...
reviews: 22
3. Re: Air New Zealand

Customs at Auckland, while nothing to do with Air NZ, are very thorough. Do check on the regulations about taking in foodstuffs and ensuring that walking boots etc are very clean. We were asked to open our luggage and show our boots, and our bags were scanned on arrival.

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
reviews: 12
4. Re: Air New Zealand

Customs at Auckland

=================

Actually, to be pedantic, its Biosecurity - and, yes, NZ is extremely strict and it needs to be adhered to. There are plenty of amnesty bins before you reach the point of no return. After that, if you haven't declared it, there will be a fine. That includes fresh food you've put in your bag on the plane and scrubbing boots and outdoor gear, etc. before you arrive.

The staff are friendly, so you can ask them if you're not sure. Otherwise, you can email them in advance with any questions. They're generally pretty fast in responding.

www.biosecurity.govt.nz/biosec

Enjoy you trip.

Wyoming
5. Re: Air New Zealand

Thanks for the replies. I look forward to my trip.

Wyoming
6. Re: Air New Zealand

Wanted to bump this back up to see if there was any other's that have flown on Air New Zealand lately.

Thanks

Vancouver...
reviews: 24
7. Re: Air New Zealand

I'm sure there have. Do you have any different questions not answered previously? Chuck.

NZ
reviews: 28
8. Re: Air New Zealand

Three days ago - quick there and back for a meeting and in economy. No problems.

Wyoming
9. Re: Air New Zealand

Thanks, Just looking forward to my up coming trip, and looking forward to trying the Spaceseat..

Austin, TX
reviews: 76
10. Re: Air New Zealand

I just flew Air New Zealand for the first time. I was really happy with the entire experience. The cost was reasonable, and they gave me the option to bid on a premium seat. I bid and won.

I flew into SFO from Austin and had the whole day to wait around. I checked into ANZ the moment it opened and the ticket agent was so sweet. (I remember his name, Ben!) I told him that I had been wandering around SF and then SFO trying to kill time...that I had run out of things to do - so he sent me into the lounge where I could charge up all my stuff and have a glass of wine before my flight.

The flight from SFO to Auckland was comfortable and with the foot rest and a seat that reclined into a supine position I slept the entire way. Apparently the flight OUT of Auckland is a newer plane, and if I win my bid to premium I will have a pod to sleep in, so I will definitely try again. The food was good, the FA was very nice. The wine was decent and the TV worked. The charger did not. And it didn't work for my seat companion, either. The FA knew it didn't - she offered to take our phones and charge them in the FA cabin area.

When I arrived in Auckland I had one bag that was over-sized...my other bag arrived just fine, but the oversized bag didn't. No one's did. Something had happened to the cargo door and they couldn't get it open. But I had another flight to catch to Dunedin - and the bag I was waiting for was a custom made guitar I was taking as a gift. Air New Zealand was so nice about it. The poor baggage handler man was terribly stressed about it and apologized repeatedly. The lady handling baggage claim saw that I was stressed about making my next flight, and she offered to walk me through customs.

Just as we started to go the oversized luggage came through. The lady (she was so nice and I asked her name so I could mention her but have since forgotten it) helped me carry and took me into customs.

Every flight was right on time.

Really, ANZ acts like all the airlines used to act. Like they actually care if you're comfortable and on time.

Reply to: Air New Zealand
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted