We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

14 hours at KUL

Auckland Region...
reviews: 3
14 hours at KUL

Any suggestions for a way to spend from arrival at KUL at 0645 hours to departure at 2145 hours in July?

Retired but active couple

Dont really want to spend the whole time in the airport, and short stay hotels are very expensive

Thanks

7 replies to this topic
San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
reviews: 114
1. Re: 14 hours at KUL

with due respect to the folks on this forum, you may want to check with the Kuala Lumpur forum as they will give you the best advise for the layover

Look at these Top Questions on that forum so please click on this link below and then see the right side of that page for all those Top Questions and if you still have doubts, please post in that forum but please read the appropriate post and if you still want a room, ask them based on your budget in local currency

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g298570-i7008-Kual…

FORMATION --

FAQ Update on KLIA2 replacing LCCT

FAQ Air Asia Questions

FAQ Airport/City Time

FAQ Airport/City cost/options

FAQ Airport Hotels

FAQ Airport LCCT to KLIA

FAQ Airport Long transits

FAQ Airport Subang / Sepang

FAQ Airport Terminals

FAQ Immigration delays

FAQ Time between flights

FAQ Transiting at KUL KLIA

FAQ Visa for Malaysia

Edited: 10:30 pm, February 03, 2014
England, United...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 115
2. Re: 14 hours at KUL

I bit more info on who your travelling with and if in the case of Air Asia maybe a fly through and where your coming from and too. You dont say if your coming into KLIA (main KL airport) or the LCCT (low cost carrier terminal )this is needed to give you more information.

But just a little info...

Have you looked at the Tune Hotel? Its over at the LCCT terminal and its cheap and cheerful to get some rest but it does get booked up quickly. You could get either the bus or taxi (using a voucher from taxi counter) to get over there around 20 mins dep on traffic., or there are a few hotels around the airport which are not that expensive either.

Or you could have a day in KL, leaving your luggage at the airport where lockers are available, then either get a taxi (recommended again using the taxi counter) or train, or the least expensive the bus. Takes 1hour and sometimes a bit longer dependent again on traffic. Have a look around KL then back to the airport.

But as I say a lot depends on other information you can give for more ideas of what you can do.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
3. Re: 14 hours at KUL

Sorry some links

Tune

tunehotels.com/my/…

Concorde Hotel

galahotels.com/en/…

Left Luggage

www.klia.com.my/index.php…

Taxi Info

www.klia.com.my/index.php…

Train Info

http://www.kliaekspres.com/

Ebbw Vale, United...
Destination Expert
for Santa Eulalia del Rio, Ibiza
reviews: 84
4. Re: 14 hours at KUL

you can prebook tickets to go up the Patronas towers.

A quick question of my own. I'm flying with Jetstar from SIN to KUL and my itinerary shows KUL as my airport so is that the main airport?

Edited: 8:21 am, February 04, 2014
England, United...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
5. Re: 14 hours at KUL

You will fly into the main KLIA terminal as opposed to the LCCT (Low Cost Carrier Terminal) They are not different airports but different terminals..

Ebbw Vale, United...
Destination Expert
for Santa Eulalia del Rio, Ibiza
reviews: 84
6. Re: 14 hours at KUL

Thanks.

Auckland Region...
reviews: 3
7. Re: 14 hours at KUL

KLIA. Thanks for taking time to reply

Reply to: 14 hours at KUL
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted