We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights from Manchester to Gatwick?

Lancashire
reviews: 77
Flights from Manchester to Gatwick?

Does any one know if flights from Manchester to Gatwick actually exist? I have tried several searches with no luck - apart from going via Jersey not practical at all. Trains only appear to run to Euston. Is there an easy way to get to Gatwick from Manchester/

Bracknell, United...
1. Re: Flights from Manchester to Gatwick?

Deegan, you can get a train from Piccadilly to Reading ( cross country trains ) and then get a train from reading to Gatwick airport... Or fly to Heathrow and get the coach to Gatwick airport.

Stoke-on-Trent
reviews: 10
2. Re: Flights from Manchester to Gatwick?

Unfortunately when we did this we went by train to Euston then underground to Victoria and from there the Gatwick express

Stoke-on-Trent
reviews: 10
3. Re: Flights from Manchester to Gatwick?

Unfortunately when we did this we went by train to Euston then underground to Victoria and from there the Gatwick express

Edited: 1:09 pm, February 03, 2014
Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 44
4. Re: Flights from Manchester to Gatwick?

No flights since BA pulled the route.

London, United...
reviews: 9
5. Re: Flights from Manchester to Gatwick?

I travel that route a lot and agree post 2 is the fastest route and probably the easiest to manage if you're not familiar with London.

The train tracks from Euston only run north i.e. there's no way of getting through central London to the south east without changing stations.

London, United...
reviews: 23
6. Re: Flights from Manchester to Gatwick?

Drive, train, coach....alternatively you could go via another airport that is closer to manchester ie train from Manchester to edinburgh and then fly down. Personally I would drive, if it's not an option, then train or coach.

edinburgh,scotland
reviews: 2
7. Re: Flights from Manchester to Gatwick?

Another option is walking to st pancras and get the capital connect train to gatwick we have done this many times and quite easy

Romford, United...
reviews: 22
8. Re: Flights from Manchester to Gatwick?

Is Gatwick your ultimate destination?

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
9. Re: Flights from Manchester to Gatwick?

< Drive, train, coach....alternatively you could go via another airport that is closer to manchester ie train from Manchester to edinburgh and then fly down. >

It's quicker to go to direct to Gatwick than to Glasgow or Edinburgh airports - then you need to add 3 hours on top of that to get to Gatwick

But what is your final destination - often it's easier to fly via Amsterdam or even Paris

Edited: 4:30 pm, February 03, 2014
Limerick, Ireland
10. Re: Flights from Manchester to Gatwick?

Trains use Nationalrail.co.uk /

Get answers to your questions
Recent Conversations