We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights to daytona beach

Galesburg, Illinois
Flights to daytona beach

Why are flights going up so much they went from $316 to 750 to $811 in 3 days . I'm trying to fly from moline il to daytona beach. This is outrageous an my vacation isn't till may an they have jumped $500 I can fly to Mexico for cheaper than that what's the deal here

6 replies to this topic
Liverpool, UK
reviews: 13
1. Re: Flights to daytona beach

"This is outrageous an my vacation isn't till may an they have jumped $500 I can fly to Mexico for cheaper than that what's the deal here" - Simply supply and demand - as you waited for them to fall others thought the price was good so fewer empty seats mean higher fares. Fares have very little to do with the distance being flown so the comparison with fares to Mexico is irrelevant.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
2. Re: Flights to daytona beach

I can fly to Mexico for cheaper than that what's the deal here

You could also buy $811 McDoubles too and equally relevant.

Galesburg, Illinois
3. Re: Flights to daytona beach

Price going up because of spring break next month?

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 75
4. Re: Flights to daytona beach

I'm sure the cheap fares for the dates you wanted either were a sale that ended or they sold out. Airlines price to maximize their revenue so if a flight is popular, fares go up. This is another good example for all the people who ask "should I buy now or wait" that fares are as likely to go up as down and when you see a fare you like, buy immediately.

Also, check on kayak.com. For domestic USA flights, they will give you a prediction if flights are going to go up or down by comparing the current fare to history. You'll be able to see if the $316 fare was abnormally low or if the $811 fare is abnormally high.

Also check alternate airports. Can you drive to Chicago or Des Moines? Can you fly into somewhere else in Florida?

Altamonte Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saint Augustine
reviews: 19
5. Re: Flights to daytona beach

"Can you fly into somewhere else in Florida?"

I suspect Orlando (MCO) will be more competitive than Daytona Beach.

Galesburg, Illinois
6. Re: Flights to daytona beach

Ya Orlando is 316

Reply to: Flights to daytona beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted