We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson Dreamliner seat booking query.

Perth, United...
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam
reviews: 1
Thomson Dreamliner seat booking query.

I always thought you had to wait until 90 days before return to book any seats but I'm sure I read somewhere that you can phone up and book your outbound seats 90 days before departure, just tried this and failed but I was not 100% convinced the lady on the phone was understanding what I was asking.

The other question she failed to grasp was can I book extra leg room seats now but not rows 10 or 30. There are restrictions on who sits in these rows and one of our party would not be allowed an exit seat, we would however like to book and pay for one of rows 11, 12 or 13 then select our choice of those seats when the seat plan becomes available.

I understand that they have limited information until the seat plans are released but as it's a dreamliner flight surely they know they have say 12 exit seats in total and 2 are available or 27 extra legroom seats and 9 are available. They must have numbers or else they may end up selling twice the amount of exit seats.

Basically I want to call back and book 3 extra leg room seats with no restrictions on who sits in them, can I do this or must I wait until 90 days before our return flight.

Many thanks.

Barry.

Edited: 5:32 am, February 02, 2014
6 replies to this topic
Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
1. Re: Thomson Dreamliner seat booking query.

They don't sell exit seats separately from extra space seats.

" Seats with Extra Space

These include seats that are close to, or next to, emergency exit doors, behind a bulkhead, or behind a dividing wall. If you fly in one of our 787 Dreamliners, they may also be located in the first 4 rows of the Economy Club cabin. Seats with Extra Space are only available for adults and children 14 years and over to book in advance, but we may allocate these seats to families with children if the seats are not located in an emergency exit row."

Perth, United...
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam
2. Re: Thomson Dreamliner seat booking query.

So the only option is to book 3 seats as they insist you book for the whole party then hope you are quick enough the book 3 seats in rows 11, 12 or 13. If not and only exit seats are available they will then take them off you if one is unable to fulfill the criteria.

I really wish I had started a business where information to the customer was optional as was as providing anything other than the bare minimum of service.

My mistake.

Barry.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
3. Re: Thomson Dreamliner seat booking query.

If you go to book extra space seats at the time of booking a flight only it won't bring the extra space seats up to let you pay for them. For a package it clearly tells you that they are not available for children under 14, so people with children under that age shouldn't be selecting them at that stage.

When the seat plan opens, log in and see what seats are available, and if they're are any non exit seats book and pay for them then.

Perth, United...
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam
4. Re: Thomson Dreamliner seat booking query.

I have had to book and pay for 3 seats now as there are only 4 left, I will have to make sure I am available to chose the desired seats as soon as the seat plan is released. I still find it absurd that I have paid for 3 seats and there is a situation which would see one of us possibly unable to sit in a seat that has been paid for. I was told there are 34 seats with extra space so this situation probably will not occur but it still may prove a problem for someone.

The way I see it there are now 4 types of seating on a Dreamliner, economy, seats with extra space, exit seats and premium seats yet they split them into 3 categories, economy, extra space and premium. When they know how many exit seats there are is seems bizarre they can't sell them separately as there are age, ability and medical restrictions on these seats.

On a different note what will they do with the one left over seat, I have come across this problem before as they will only sell seat upgrades for the whole party so unless a single is looking for an upgrade the seat will not sell.

reviews: 7
5. Re: Thomson Dreamliner seat booking query.

Totally agree; maybe they should take a leaf out of virgin's book - we have payed for extra legroom seats for our july flights, and will have them allocated at online checkin 24 hours before.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
6. Re: Thomson Dreamliner seat booking query.

hazee

Maybe Thomsons will do that, when they have online check in.

Reply to: Thomson Dreamliner seat booking query.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted