We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

John F Kenndy and La Guardia Int. Airport Shuttle Service

Sacramento...
John F Kenndy and La Guardia Int. Airport Shuttle Service

My wife & I are flying into JFK on April 16, 2014 @ 6:00 PM from Rome. We are spending two (2) nights in New York/Brooklyn area to see some of the sights & attractions in Manhattan. We depart from LGA on the 18th @ 11:30 AM back to California. Can anyone recommend a good hotel that is in a safe area and possibly have free or low cost shuttle service to/from JFK and La Guardia International Airport? We are on a budget.

6 replies to this topic
London, United...
reviews: 432
1. Re: John F Kenndy and La Guardia Int. Airport Shuttle Service

Free shuttle offered by hotels are just around airports. If you want to stay in the city, you need to get extra transportation without hotel courtesy. If you stay two nights, you can also use public transportation. Unfortunately New York is not a cheap place to stay so you might need to pay more than your budget.

2. Re: John F Kenndy and La Guardia Int. Airport Shuttle Service

Check New York forum,shuttles don't have great reviews.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
reviews: 32
3. Re: John F Kenndy and La Guardia Int. Airport Shuttle Service

Hey 705Jose321:-) True, you'll only find dedicated hotel shuttles around the airport.. shuttle service vans in general that go from hotel to hotel can take hours.. you may end up being first ones off.. or last.. depending on route! Best to post in dedicated 'New York City' forum stating your dates along with a budget spread for some hotel rec's;-) Best.. and EnJOY!

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 75
4. Re: John F Kenndy and La Guardia Int. Airport Shuttle Service

A free shuttle from Manhattahn to the airports? Hah! If there's two of you, take a taxi or public transport if you're really trying to save. Not sure about JFK, but you can get to LaGuardia on public transportation. Shuttles charge per person so it won't save any money if there's more than one of you.

Brooklyn, NY
reviews: 1
5. Re: John F Kenndy and La Guardia Int. Airport Shuttle Service

(You can also get to JFK by public transport.)

No free shuttles to Manhattan hotels.....

I think you are doing this backwards......You need to find a hotel that fits your budget and then worry about getting to/from the airport to the location.

Sydney, Australia
6. Re: John F Kenndy and La Guardia Int. Airport Shuttle Service

The Best Western at Herald Square is reasonable and good location with great staff, breakfast included. This location is not far from Times Square.

Do not use MYSEDAN shuttle to airport, I prebooked and prepaid for a private sedan transfer from them for my arrival at La Guardia, two hours later I had to catch a cab and they will not refund the cost of that booking.

Reply to: John F Kenndy and La Guardia Int. Airport Shuttle Service
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted