We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

British airways

Salisbury, United...
reviews: 8
British airways

We are thinking about flying with B/A in December to Tampa and cant find what plane they fly there .

Also can you check your bags in the day before your flight and what terminal at Gatwick north or south .

Do they do a bag drop somewhere in Tampa , like V/A do in DDD

Winchester, United...
1. Re: British airways

Typically these are operated by their 777-200's. BA only operate out of Gatwick's North terminal but note that sometimes on arrival to Gatwick aircraft are unloaded at the south terminal if there's a lack of gates, the two terminals are connected by a free transit system though

Winchester, United...
2. Re: British airways

Missed the edit window. Shove your flight number into Google and it'll tell you the aircraft type. If you go through the booking process with BA it'll also tell you on one of the screens (you may need to clock on more details or something) before you enter payment details.

Edited: 4:03 pm, January 25, 2014
Berkshire, England
reviews: 62
3. Re: British airways

If you do a dummy booking with BA it tells you what sort of plane they use. They fly 777s on that route. As far a I am aware there is no bag drop in Tampa.

Brighton, United...
reviews: 20
4. Re: British airways

Yes as others have stated BA use 777-200 aircraft on this route, from the North Terminal at Gatwick. The 777 used on this route is a three class version, their is no first class, along with a smaller buisness class cabin. enabling BA to offer 219 economy seats . You can drop your bags after 1600 the day before at Gatwick. No such service is offered in Tampa.

London
reviews: 17
5. Re: British airways

The BA Boeing777's used on this route are well worn, economy seats are past their best and particularly uncomfortable. I'm sure the aircraft meet the necessary safety standards but speaking from my recent experience delays and cancellations seem to occur more than on their premium routes ex LHR.

Salisbury, United...
6. Re: British airways

Thanks guys ,

We usually fly Virgin but thought we would give BA a try , I ,m sure I saw on there website that they were updating there 777,s does any body know when this will be completed

Cambridge, United...
reviews: 79
7. Re: British airways

Complete load of codswallop regarding the state of the Gatwick 777's they had new interiors in 2012, until then they had no AVOD, just loop system entertainment. We travelled on a newly refurbished plane in August 2012.

Edited: 5:40 pm, January 25, 2014
London
reviews: 74
8. Re: British airways

The BA Boeing777's used on this route are well worn

Absolute rubbish. I fly LGW-BDA-LGW every month and it's fine.

For LGW-Tampa, it looks like they use G-VIIP, G-VIIO and G-VIIT, which were all built in 1999. Hardly ancient!

Salisbury, United...
9. Re: British airways

Thank you Bongodog ,

I did wonder about the interiors , didn't think they would be old and tired.

I think we are going to go with BA , looking forward to flying to Tampa makes a change from Orlando and as we will be going to Rotunda less driving time .

Any body rent a car from Avis ? do you get to pick your car , ?

10. Re: British airways

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 27, 2015