We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meet and Greet Parking. East Midlands Airport

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
reviews: 234
Meet and Greet Parking. East Midlands Airport

AS FR have now pulled many flights from Birmingham I now have to drive the 60 miles to EM and park there,something I have not done for yonks since I flew twice yearly British Midland to Nice.

I am quite happy to pay for the most convenient parking and the quote I like is Meet & Great :-

"No bus required - drop and collect your car from our VIP AREA outside the terminal!

Our friendly and professional chauffeurs will park your car for you

Fully Flexible - cancel/amend up to 6 hours before arrival. Price £59.99 for 7 days"

I don't mind this price as it would cost twice+ as much for a return taxi.Unfortunately the discount codes expire before our flights.

Their map shows the Pick Up/Drop Off area is right by Departures/Arrivals which would really suit us.

Anyone used them?

thanks

SS

(ps this a repost from a thread on the Derbyshire forum as it is likely there will be more input here-thanks)

14 replies to this topic
Cala d'Or, Spain
reviews: 90
1. Re: Meet and Greet Parking. East Midlands Airport

If you are ok giving your keys to a complete stranger, then I guess they are ok. Make sure your insurance company are aware of this.

Personally, I would take the normal long term car park.

Tamworth, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
reviews: 8
2. Re: Meet and Greet Parking. East Midlands Airport

I've used www.parkatmyhouse.com when parking for a cruise. Granted it wasn't at East Midlands but it's the same scenario. Paid £6 per night instead of extortionate parking fees at the docks and walked for around 5 minutes from the persons house to the port. Wouldn't hesitate to use it again. You can pay by Paypal. Even if you're a mile or so away from the airport you could have a taxi for this short journey and it would still work out cheaper.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
3. Re: Meet and Greet Parking. East Midlands Airport

thanks both

SS

Leicester, United...
reviews: 6
4. Re: Meet and Greet Parking. East Midlands Airport

Even the car park for long stay at EMA which is furthest away is only approx a five minute walk from the terminal. If you can pre book car park 2 or 3 then this is about 2 minutes walk. If you do decide on meet and greet then I would check that the pick up point is near to the terminal, when we were there in September there was a lot of development work being done to the airport including the parking/drop off points outside the terminal. However I do not know how much this has progressed since then.

Travelling The World
reviews: 17
5. Re: Meet and Greet Parking. East Midlands Airport

EMA is tiny and the parking is very efficient. It is one airport where M&G is not any more efficient than cheaper options. We always use the Express Park option. Cheaper than the meet and greet and literally next to the FR check in. https:/…7.jpg

Even the short stay can be as cheap as the meet and greet and even more convenient: https:/…10.jpg

Either option of course you don't have to part with your keys and you are on your way without having to call and wait.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
6. Re: Meet and Greet Parking. East Midlands Airport

Thanks DC8 (never flew in one,only a DC6C)

Interestingly enough the Express Park is the same price as Meet & Greet.

SS

Manchester
reviews: 112
7. Re: Meet and Greet Parking. East Midlands Airport

Silverswimmer, have you checked prices on Holiday Extras ? I always seem to get a good deal, sometimes cheaper than airport website

Warks.England
Destination Expert
8. Re: Meet and Greet Parking. East Midlands Airport

There is a 10% promo on at the moment for everything except Meet & Great so I have booked Express Parking as it is adjacent to the terminal. The booking is through a car reg. number identification system.

thanks all

Geoff

England
reviews: 81
9. Re: Meet and Greet Parking. East Midlands Airport

Last year I used the long stay car park which was over the road from the terminal - only problem was when we arrive back in the snow just after Easter we ended up in an industrial area dead end so had to trudge round in the snow to find a way through to where our car was parked. This year I note that the main long stay car parks require a shuttle bus, so have booked the meet and greet which is from in front of the terminal. It is about £12 more for a week but as our flight is at 6am decided it was worth it to be inside the terminal within minutes

You do hear horror stories about cars being used whilst you are away but think that the main car park brokers such as Holiday Extras would ensure that they only use reputable services

Derby, United...
reviews: 6
10. Re: Meet and Greet Parking. East Midlands Airport

I've just used them but would do so again. When I got my car back it had definitely been tampered with. The radio volume was FULL on. The air conditioning was on full. I dropped the car off at 5 in the morning so I know it wasn't on then. The blue tooth for my phone was disabled, and there were sticky finger marks on the steering wheel. Not mine I can assure you. Not to be trusted in my opinion. We fly from East Midlands airport regularly for holidays and we won't use them again. I'm taking my keys with me.

Reply to: Meet and Greet Parking. East Midlands Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted