We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Check in time JET2

darlington U.K.
reviews: 24
Check in time JET2

Hi, The check in time for jet2 is stated as 3 hours prior to departure with jet2. Is this the earliest time to check in or the latest time?

I am travelling to krakow in March from newcastle with hold luggage.

Thanks

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
1. Re: Check in time JET2

Check in at Newcastle opens 3 hrs prior to departure, and closes 40 mins prior.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 791
2. Re: Check in time JET2

In Edinburgh and Glasgow it has been 3 hours before the flight, fllying back from european countries it has been about 2 hours. they usually have a separate line for a bag drop so check in Online first and then go to the bag drop.

I use Jet2 a fair bit usually 6 or more flights a year and they are one of the better organised low cost carriers. never had much of a queue on any of my flights to hand bags over.

Edited: 3:05 pm, January 23, 2014
darlington U.K.
3. Re: Check in time JET2

Thanks for the info.

I have booked my seats online with a suitcase. Does that mean if my flight was at 2pm the latest time I could put my luggage in/ check in be only 40 minutes before departure?

Is that correct as I have not flown with these before.

Any advice would be invaluable.

Cheers, Graham.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
4. Re: Check in time JET2

The latest you can have completed check in by is 40 mins prior, but to my mind that's too late. You never know how big security queues will be, plus you need to be at the boarding gate at least 20 mins prior.

I would always check in at least 2 hrs prior.

darlington U.K.
5. Re: Check in time JET2

Thanks for the info.

I have reserved my seats on line and will be taking a case which I have paid for to be carried on board.

Would I just check in with my case at the airport?

What would be the latest time I would have to check in/ hand case in if my flight departed at 2pm.

Any help is much appreciated as I don't know the set up with jet2.

Many Thanks Grahsm

darlington U.K.
6. Re: Check in time JET2

Thanks very much for that. I was thinking along those lines.

Cheers Graham.

7. Re: Check in time JET2

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, January 25, 2015