We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 leg flight - checking question

Wroclaw, Poland
reviews: 7
3 leg flight - checking question

Hi,

I have flights

WAW-FRA-CMB-MLE. First leg is with LOT, the rest with Sri Lankan. The whole trip is under one e-ticket number.

Question: how does the check-in work for this - I can do FRA onwards check-in online on Sri Lankan website and then check-in for the WAW-FRA on LOT? Or we can do the check-in all the way already in WAW? Luggage I presume I can tag all the way from WAW to MLE?

Would be easier if both airlines in same alliance but this is not the case as I understand it.

Thank you!

Travelling The World
reviews: 26
1. Re: 3 leg flight - checking question

Airlines don't have to be in the same alliance to allow through ticketing and through baggage. They just have to have an interline agreement.

On a multi-stop/multi-airline itinerary you check in with the first airline. So you check in with LOT for the whole trip. You will need LOT's locator number. Then go to their booking management system. You should see the whole itinerary there. Your bags should be checked through to MLE (but make sure you see the tags to confirm this) and you should get your boarding passes all the way through.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
reviews: 77
2. Re: 3 leg flight - checking question

If you are on one ticket, then you should be able to interline your bags all the way to your final destination normally. LOT might not be able to issue the Sri Lankan Airlines boarding passes so you might have to get those at FRA.

To manage the Sri Lankan booking, you will need the Sri Lankan booking reference which is normally not the same one as LOT. See if that code is on your e-ticket. If not, call LOT and ask for it. I haven't gone on Sri Lankan's website to see if they let you do anything online with your booking though so you can try that yourself.

3. Re: 3 leg flight - checking question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 22, 2015