We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying Qatar Melbourne to Budapest - SEAT SELECTION

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 34
Flying Qatar Melbourne to Budapest - SEAT SELECTION

We have booked with Qatar to fly return to Budapest in September 2014. On previous trips we have flown Qantas and were able to select seats months in advance with no problems, and we booked extra leg room seats for our return in 2012 (with an additional cost per seat, but it was worth it).

After reading some conflicting reviews of Qatar's seat allocation (tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g297604-i6045-k…), I'm hoping someone can shed light on whether it's worth checking in soon-ish (8 months beforehand seems ridiculous) in order to select seats and hope that we get the ones we select.

It all seems a bit too easy to select exit row seats online now when I manage the booking; surely they are going to charge more or just not give us those seats?!

Our other concern is that we are traveling over together and returning home on different flights; our bookings are linked (we got a travel agent to book) but when we log in to the Qatar website, only one booking is showing because we have separate references... This may make seat selection prior to getting to the airport a bit tricky, no?

Any advice would be welcome. Thanks. :)

7 replies to this topic
Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
1. Re: Flying Qatar Melbourne to Budapest - SEAT SELECTION

You can't check in 8 months in advance. OLCI is available at T-36.

You can select seats during booking or 'Manage a Booking'. Exit row seats are usually only assigned at the airport.

Avoca, Australia
Destination Expert
for Rusutsu-mura
reviews: 9
2. Re: Flying Qatar Melbourne to Budapest - SEAT SELECTION

Can exit row be requested for both sector 1 and sector 2 at Checkin, or must sector 2 be requested at Doha only?

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
3. Re: Flying Qatar Melbourne to Budapest - SEAT SELECTION

Sector 2 usually at DOH.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 22
4. Re: Flying Qatar Melbourne to Budapest - SEAT SELECTION

I booked online a flight with Qatar to Zagreb for May, I got to choose my exit row seats and meal preference.

Edited: 9:25 am, January 18, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 34
5. Re: Flying Qatar Melbourne to Budapest - SEAT SELECTION

We have chosen seats and meal preferences too (including exit row) - we shall see if the seat selections still stand when we check in at the airport next week!

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 22
6. Re: Flying Qatar Melbourne to Budapest - SEAT SELECTION

My seat selections were honoured except for the return trip. Note that Qatar airways have very short transit times (mine was 1.5hours, the shortest is 45 minutes) which is a good thing and can be a bad thing. On returning, there was a fault with the plane in Budapest and we were on the tarmac for over 2 hours, which made everyone miss their connecting flights from Doha. Qatar airways put everyone up in a hotel for the night with three meals and arranged for people to get the next available flight to their destination, with transfers from/to the airport. This is apparently not uncommon with Qatar airways. Also, on my flight to Croatia, one of my suitcases didn't make the connecting flight. I was reimbursed 50U$ for essentials and provided with pyjamas and toiletries. My suitcase arrived at the door in 3 days.

Brisbane, Australia
7. Re: Flying Qatar Melbourne to Budapest - SEAT SELECTION

'We have chosen seats and meal preferences too (including exit row)'

I've never pre-selected an exit row but I've never had my ordinary seats changed when I've flown Qatar.

Reply to: Flying Qatar Melbourne to Budapest - SEAT SELECTION
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted