We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turkish Airlines Baggage Question

Belfast, Northern...
reviews: 1
Turkish Airlines Baggage Question

Hey guys, im looking to travel from dublin to tokyo narita via istanbul with turkish airlines. Im bringing a checked bag with me, but i also need to bring ski gear too, im just wondering if anyone can confirm if there is an extra cost and if so what it is, as the website is impossible to understand. I contacted a department via email and they said it would be free, but im doubting that as the likes of sas and airfrance charge like £85 extra one way which is ridiculous. Thanks in advance.

2 replies to this topic
Seattle, Washington
reviews: 85
1. Re: Turkish Airlines Baggage Question

Their webpage seems pretty clear about this:

Sports Equipment

Turkish Airlines carries first set of golf and skiing equipment free of charge. For other (more than 1) set of golf and skiing equipment sports equipment charges will apply. For detailed information on conditions and charges for transporting sports equipment please click on the headings below

turkishairlines.com/en-int/…sports-equipment

Belfast, Northern...
reviews: 1
2. Re: Turkish Airlines Baggage Question

I thought it also stated that ski gear counts as a checked bag regardless of length, so that would mean the allowance is two checked bags?

Reply to: Turkish Airlines Baggage Question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted