We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Australian flights to Hawaii help

Mackay, Australia
reviews: 13
Australian flights to Hawaii help

Hi

I posted this in Hawaii Forum but didn't get any answers so maybe it is better to be under airlines....

Two of us are looking at flying to Hawaii in May 2014....Hawaiian Air is currently having a sale and return to Brisbane will be $1099.....Is this a good price???? My mum wants to fly Qantas but it is double the price and I am unsure if they will have a sale (some have said it may be an Australia Day Sale) HA sale ends tomorrow......worried that if I don't take it I will miss out (Jetstar is out Mum refuses) Would be happy with Air NZ as well

Thanks In Advance

10 replies to this topic
Seattle, Washington
reviews: 85
1. Re: Australian flights to Hawaii help

I think that's a good price, and I certainly wouldn't pay double just to fly Qantas. Plus, it's a nonstop flight, isn't it? The other airlines you mentioned have at least one stop. I'd buy it.

Edited: 8:45 pm, January 15, 2014
Mackay, Australia
2. Re: Australian flights to Hawaii help

Thanks Gracie....sometimes you just need affirmation!!!!

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 60
3. Re: Australian flights to Hawaii help

I agree go with Hawaiian and have a great trip.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 11
4. Re: Australian flights to Hawaii help

One of my sons, with his wife and son, flew Hawaiian Portland-Honolulu-Sydney and return around the middle of last year. Even in economy, and with a 3-year-old, they said it was a good experience.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
reviews: 54
5. Re: Australian flights to Hawaii help

Where are the $2,200 Qantas fares?

Townsville...
reviews: 16
6. Re: Australian flights to Hawaii help

Hawaiian Airlines are great. We have flown with them twice in the last 12 months and all flights were very good. Plenty of leg room, food was good, staff were excellent. The holiday really starts from the moment you start to board. The stewards are all decked out in Hawaiian print and Hawaiian music is playing inside the plane.

From my understanding Qantas uses very old, uncomfortable planes on this route and they only have a few flights each week. Not too many good reviews for them.

We will continue to book HA for all our flights to Hawaii. The price you quoted by the way is good. Grab it while you can.

Edited: 11:15 pm, January 15, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
reviews: 10
7. Re: Australian flights to Hawaii help

Hawaiian airlines are fine and they still offer a larger luggage allowance than Qantas do, 2 x 32 kg each rather than 2 x 23 with Qantas and a big bonus that there is a direct flight from Brisbane now. The last time I travelled with Hawaiian Airlines (August 2013) I took up the option at check in to upgrade to business class (about $500) and whilst more like premium economy it was a very comfortable flight and I got a lot of sleep. If you would like to try for this option make sure you have checked in online so you can avoid the large queue at the airport (there is a separate online check in queue) and the possibility of upgrades still being available will be greater, also gives you lounge access (partner air New Zealand lounge)

Adelaide, Australia
reviews: 32
8. Re: Australian flights to Hawaii help

Well actually on that route you can book with Qantas and still end up in a Jetstar plane anyway.

However we flew Jetstar to Hawaii last July and couldn't have been happier. Best flight we had in a total of 19 for the whole trip- and that included one on an Emirates A380.

But the Hawaiian price sounds v good. I would definitely snap it up.

Mackay, Australia
9. Re: Australian flights to Hawaii help

Thanks everyone - flights are booked with HA!!! I even got mine for $992 return!

Wagga Wagga...
reviews: 4
10. Re: Australian flights to Hawaii help

I cannot fault Hawaiian. As others have said, good service, planes clean, never have to ask for water they are always offering it, and good price as well btw. Enjoy

Reply to: Australian flights to Hawaii help
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted