We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas cook premium

Nottingham, United...
reviews: 9
Thomas cook premium

We've booked to go to goa in feb with Thomas Cook. We booked the premium upgrade for the outbound and inbound now to be told there will be no premium upgrade on the return flight as the air craft has changed! What are my rights about this? We have got 25kg luggage allowance going but coming back only 20 because will not be premium ! How is this fair what can I do about this? Any one else experienced this??

15 replies to this topic
Derbyshire
reviews: 56
1. Re: Thomas cook premium

I'd bet the outbound is on a A330 but the return is on the 767 mentioned in this thread by Leylandsunaddict:

tripadvisor.co.uk/…55090731

(post #22)

I'm going out from MAN to Goa early March and booked our seats yesterday - the configuration outbound and inbound is 2-4-2 with no premium cabin.

What exactly have you been told about this change?

Your rights?

Personally, I'd expect a refund of half the amount you paid for Premium as you won't be getting that on your inbound flight.

London, UK
reviews: 104
2. Re: Thomas cook premium

Clearly you're entitled to a refund of half the amount you paid for Premium. And I would expect Thomas Cook to allow a 25kg bag on the return leg too as it's illogical to have 25kg going out but only 20kg returning. I would try to get that in writing too, so you can explain why you have a larger luggage allowance than normal when you check-in at Goa. If that proves impossible (which it may) then you could try asking nicely for a small additional goodwill payment to make up for the smaller luggage allowance and your disappointment in not being able to fly premium both ways. But I wouldn't bank on getting that.

Nottingham, United...
3. Re: Thomas cook premium

Thanks all for advising me. I went in to the travel agents and they said that the flight going is a airbus a330 with premium and coming back its a smaller plane with no premium. They gave me my money back for the return but only 56 pound! I never should of been aloud to book it in the first place. I would of booked with someone else. They said they can not do anything about my 25kg luggage going but only 20 kg coming back! Hopefully when all the creams and toiletries have gone we will be ok.

Cala d'Or, Spain
reviews: 79
4. Re: Thomas cook premium

Things like this happen all the time NatBat, one of the joys of travel.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 31
5. Re: Thomas cook premium

If won't be a smaller plane. It will still be wide bodied, just without a premium cabin. What date are you travelling?

Nottingham, United...
6. Re: Thomas cook premium

Oh right. Thanks and the 12-feb

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
7. Re: Thomas cook premium

Presuming you're flying from Manchester, for 14 nights, the outbound is showing as an A330 with premium, the inbound as an A330 without a premium cabin. The one without a premium cabin is their latest edition to the fleet. Ok, you don't get as much legroom but all the interior is new, slimline seats, and the seatback IFE system is state of the art. The IFE on their other A330s is ancient, and often doesn't work!

Nottingham, United...
8. Re: Thomas cook premium

Yes Manchester. Thank you :)

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
9. Re: Thomas cook premium

You're welcome.

Derbyshire
reviews: 56
10. Re: Thomas cook premium

Hi Leylandsunaddict

Can I ask a question about this new aircraft TC have acquired, please.

I'm going out to Goa ex MAN in March and when I went to book seats the config is showing as 2-4-2, as opposed to the usual A330 TC use which is 3-3-3.

Is this the A330 you mention in post #7 or is it a 767 as mentioned on another thread by you that I gave the link to in my post #1.

In that thread (post # 32) you said this:

<<

The 2-4-2 configured A330 is operating out Gatwick next winter, and is scheduled for Goa flights. Currently, and for the Summer season it's based in Manchester, but not operating to Goa for this season.

>>

So which aircraft is it with the 2-4-2 configuration ex MAN this March?

Thanks (very confused).

PPC

Reply to: Thomas cook premium
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted