We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

can anyone suggest a company for expedited passport renewal?

San Jose, California
can anyone suggest a company for expedited passport renewal?

I need to do an international trip rather soon due to a family emergency, but my passport is expired. I see a lot of companies that expedite passport renewal, but not sure which one to use. I would prefer to use one that is recommended. Thanks!

8 replies to this topic
Boston...
reviews: 92
1. Re: can anyone suggest a company for expedited passport renewal?

I wouldn't pay to use a company. If you qualify you can make an appointment at a Regional Passport Agency:

…state.gov/passport/…schedule_852.html

Madrid
reviews: 7
2. Re: can anyone suggest a company for expedited passport renewal?

I got an appointment at Peterborough office for my son 2 days after I called.Took him in last thursday and we had the passport back by Royal mail special delivery 2 days later.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
3. Re: can anyone suggest a company for expedited passport renewal?

Assuming you're a US citizen and living in San Jose then you can make a personal appointment at the passport office in San Francisco.

…state.gov/passport/…agencies_900.html

If you still need/want and agent, then my visa agent (CIBT) also handles passport applications and renewals. They're also based in San Francisco - http://cibtvisas.com

Berkeley, CA
reviews: 12
4. Re: can anyone suggest a company for expedited passport renewal?

If you can't get an appointment in time than just go down to the office in SF early in the morning. When we did this we had an appointment, but nobody else did. Everyone was on the same line outside. The advantage of the appointment was that once we got into the office there was a shorter line for appointments than for nonappointments. They can issue the pp the same day.

San Jose, California
5. Re: can anyone suggest a company for expedited passport renewal?

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the responses and tips. I am a US citizen and I have made an appointment at the SF passport agency office on Wed. Hopefully I do get my passport the same day.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
reviews: 182
6. Re: can anyone suggest a company for expedited passport renewal?

Good Luck and be sure to come back and report. Thanks.

San Jose, California
7. Re: can anyone suggest a company for expedited passport renewal?

Great news - I received my new passport today!

The process was pretty fast. I had an appointment at the San Francisco Passport Agency at 10:30am, but I got there about an hour early since I took the train. They did not wait for my appointment time, after I checked in, they gave me a number, waited for about 5 min, talked to an agent in the window, gave all my documents, paid and was told to come back at 3:30pm to get my new passport. Went back, presented my receipt and got it! There were not many people today, so it almost didn't seem like an appointment was necessary, but I think it's still better to have an appointment.

So, thank you for encouraging me to go to the agency instead of paying for the service...saved me money!

Happy travelling you all!

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
8. Re: can anyone suggest a company for expedited passport renewal?

Excellent, thanks for reporting back!

Reply to: can anyone suggest a company for expedited passport renewal?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted