We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

call cheap flights, any experiences of website/service

uk
call cheap flights, any experiences of website/service

We are hoping to travel as a family to Toronto from the UK in the summer and after looking I have been redirected via dealchecker to a website/company called 'call cheap flights'. I have never heard of this company but I am very impressed with their price, it has come up at £500 pounds cheaper than the others have so far and is for the same flights etc. I have looked and they seem to be atol protected etc, I usually do my research before handing over £3500 to random companies, but I am worried as I have never heard of this site/company, they seem to have lots of trading names and you cannot book online you have to call them for the deal. I suppose my question is would you trust this, what else would you check to make sure they are reputable, I cannot find any reviews online. I am reluctant at the moment. Please advise.

16 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 11
1. Re: call cheap flights, any experiences of website/service

I would not touch them with a very long barge pole. Anywhere that offers tickets at 500 pounds less than anywhere else has to be a scam.

Follow the advice given daily in this forum, and book direct with the airline of your choice.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
2. Re: call cheap flights, any experiences of website/service

The things you mention (much cheaper than everyeone else, many trading names, no reviews, have to call to book) are all red flags to me. Just because they advertise a price does not mean it's actually available.

Edited: 5:22 am, December 30, 2013
Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
3. Re: call cheap flights, any experiences of website/service

Hi

Saving £500 can cost you infinitely more than that when you find out they took your money without booking your flights, or didn't mention cancellations and changes which make your trip impossible and you only found out about an hour after your flight took off, or even made a simple mistake on the reservation which they want hundreds of pounds to put right.

The chances of this company saving you a fiver never mind £500 are somewhere between fat chance and no chance. Their booking fees which suddenly appear as you click on buy will more than wipe out any savings.

Buy direct from the Airline and stay away from these shysters, you know it makes sense.

Jackie

UK
reviews: 85
4. Re: call cheap flights, any experiences of website/service

I am very impressed with their price

=======

OK, I'll do it for £1,000 cheaper. I bet you are impressed with that eh?

And both have the same chance of coming through. Its not a "price" its a come on to lure in suckers. And to continue the fishing analogy, you are nibbling at the bait. Swim away to the airline website, where all your money and more isnt at risk.

Use someone like Kyak or Skyscanner or itamatrix and then ***only consider prices that originate direct from airlines*** and then go to the airline website and book.

For UK-Toronto your cheapest flights are liable to be Air Transat (direct) or Icelandair (via Iceland) or currently BA in their sale which is on now so I understand.

Any place you have to call = scam/rip off/hassle/high pressure sell / take your money / flights not available, new ones only £x more etc.

BTW, I'm guessing that "£500 cheaper" is for your whole family, in which case you really should quote the per person price, as that's very misleading, maybe your family is 4 people, maybe its 8? You could simply mean their price is £100 less per person than you've been quoted on say BA in which case it might be a standard Air Transat fare you can buy cheaper directly with Air Transat!

If you actually mean its £500 **per person** cheaper, then obviously that's risible as that would make the price perhaps £100 each, which is less than taxes, so they would be selling them at a loss.

Edited: 5:41 am, December 30, 2013
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
5. Re: call cheap flights, any experiences of website/service

This lot? - http://www.callcheapflights.co.uk/

The address given on their Contact Us page is 38 Riding House Street, London W1W 7ES, the same as Crystal Travel, which gets horrendous reports on here. I wouldn't touch them with two bargepoles connected together.

www.callcheapflights.co.uk/contact-us.aspx

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k57679…

uk
6. Re: call cheap flights, any experiences of website/service

There are 6 of us and that's the 'saving' for all of us, it says the flight is air transat who we have flown with before through Canadian affair, I felt it was too good to be true, I didn't want to trust it, thanks for the replies.

Watford, United...
reviews: 12
7. Re: call cheap flights, any experiences of website/service

Good decision mum4Uk. Book through Transat directly.

uk
8. Re: call cheap flights, any experiences of website/service

I have just contacted Canadian affair/air transat and asked them to price match, they are reviewing the quote I got and will get back to me. I am hopeful! We shall see.

UK
reviews: 85
9. Re: call cheap flights, any experiences of website/service

I have just contacted Canadian affair/air transat

========

Canadian Affair resell Air Transat, they aren't the same company. I would recommend you book direct with AT unless being arbitrarily bumped off your flight illegally is something you are happy to risk (CA were still doing this 18 months ago anyway according to posts here)

uk
10. Re: call cheap flights, any experiences of website/service

If you actually look on the air transat website and go to the contact us part it gives Canadian affair email address so I believe they are all part of the same group, we have travelled with them before and had no problems, neither have any our friends who live in Canada or their families who visit from the UK many times per year. I am not an idiot, I do my research first before booking with anyone, I just thought I would get other opinions too.

Reply to: call cheap flights, any experiences of website/service
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted