We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Acceptable photographic ID

Scotland
reviews: 42
Acceptable photographic ID

Just want to double check that my valid photographic drivers license will be an acceptable form of I'D for 3 domestic flights with the following carriers....I have read the T&C' s and the only one I am unsure about is the easyJet flight.

British Airways

easyJet

Flybe

I don't want to risk taking my passport as all 3 flights are within 2 weeks of my trip to Mexico with the last one being 2 days before. I don't want to risk losing it or damaging it!!

Thanks in advance.

6 replies to this topic
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
reviews: 28
1. Re: Acceptable photographic ID

Have you seen this? It's pretty clear what they accept...

…easyjet.com/media/…

Scotland
2. Re: Acceptable photographic ID

Thank you, that was the part I could not find on the website :0)

bristol UK
reviews: 4
3. Re: Acceptable photographic ID

Note that the link to the Easyjet site is to an archive news item from 2004!

Don't know if it has changed since then, they always seem to be vague on what is accepted.

However I have travelled several times in the last year with Easyjet and UK photo driving licence was accepted (but that is not the case for Ryanair!)

Scotland
4. Re: Acceptable photographic ID

Thanks Astans, I noticed that the media release was dated from 2004, so it's good to know that you have flown with them recently with your drivers licence. I have flown with them this year but have always taken my passport. Thanks again :0)

uk
reviews: 165
5. Re: Acceptable photographic ID

I always carry my driving license for domestic flights, but two weeks ago flew from Gatwick to Aberdeen on easyjet, returned BA to Heathrow, and was not asked for photo ID on either occasion - just to look into the camera so my pic can be scanned into the system.

Scotland
6. Re: Acceptable photographic ID

Thank you Jeremymangu :o)

Reply to: Acceptable photographic ID
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted