We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gulf air delay due to fog

Varanasi, India
Gulf air delay due to fog

Hey everyone,

I have booked a ticket DELHI - BAHRAIN - PARIS with Gulf air. The connection time between two flights is 1hr 20 mins. I just saw today's flight status, the flight departed on time from Delhi but arrived at Bahrain 20 mins late, when there was no fog at Delhi airport. I am worried that there may be dense fog on the day of my flight. That means, I can possibly miss the connection flight. Both flights are operated by Gulf Air (no code share or separate tickets etc). What should I do ?

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 23
1. Re: Gulf air delay due to fog

"I am worried that there may be dense fog on the day of my flight." There is no point in worrying about something over which you have no control.

"That means, I can possibly miss the connection flight. Both flights are operated by Gulf Air (no code share or separate tickets etc)." - If the flights are a single ticket then Gulf Air are responsible for getting you to your final destination if you miss the connection through no fault of your own.

"What should I do ?" - In my opinion - nothing.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
reviews: 268
2. Re: Gulf air delay due to fog

Bahrain is comparatively quite a small airport and many of the intercontinental flight connections are short-the ones from LHR have connection times of between 1 hour and 75 minutes to the main five connecting flights. I have never missed a connection and my last LHR/BAH flight was delayed leaving London (missing pax,luggage offload) and I had only 35 minutes to make my connection,which we did easily. The only drawback was the luggage of MrsSS made it whilst mine didn't,following on a later fight.

As the previous poster states,as long as you are on a through ticket it is up to the airline to look after you if you miss your connection due to late incoming.

SS

Lake Crystal...
reviews: 13
3. Re: Gulf air delay due to fog

"What should I do?" Nothing to do. Make sure you get to your first departure on time and fret about problems when they arise.

Watford, United...
reviews: 12
4. Re: Gulf air delay due to fog

Anything can delay your departure, fog, storms, technical problems, passenger problems, pilot wanting a sandwich, chickens in the engine, anything.

Why worry about something that may not happen and you have no control of?

5. Re: Gulf air delay due to fog

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 23, 2014