We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

british airways a.p.i

aberdeen
reviews: 31
british airways a.p.i

hey guys just booked holiday n the BA website for may next year, updated ESTA and thought id go in and update my advance passenger information but it keeps telling me theres something wrong with the dates ive entered, now i know what my date of birth is, and ive got my passport in fromnt of me so i can see my passport expiry date, any one else had issues with this on the BA website lately??

8 replies to this topic
Hants, UK
reviews: 17
1. Re: british airways a.p.i

I didn't think you could 'update' the ESTA I thought you had to get another one.

Someone couldn't do the OLCI the other day,mabe they have a problem.

You have plenty of time to do it later.

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 14
2. Re: british airways a.p.i

"I didn't think you could 'update' the ESTA I thought you had to get another one." - There is some ESTA information that you can update such as the address in the US where you are staying, airline, flight no etc but it's not mandatory.

As far as the API is concerned I'd try again in a couple of weeks.

Berkshire, England
reviews: 58
3. Re: british airways a.p.i

Your ESTA lasts for 2 years unless you renew your passport and then you have to get a new one. It is not mandatory to update any flight/hotel info on the ESTA so you do not need to do it!

You can do your API right up to the day you fly so don't worry. If not, they will take the details as the airport when you check-in/bag drop, as all the passengers info has to be sent to the USA before the plane can be cleared to leave. We had a delay one year when the computers were "down" in the US and had to wait until they were able to process all the API info manually before we were able to leave.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 133
4. Re: british airways a.p.i

Only problem I could think of would be perhaps your date of birth needs to be in the American format of MMDDYYYY & it's been entered in the "normal" way. I've never applied for ESTA though so this was just a thought, I'm not intimately familiar with the process.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
reviews: 30
5. Re: british airways a.p.i

If it doesn't update or there's a persistent issue, don't stress, it can be done at the airport.

I've had issues previously with updating my daughters API, and found it seems to refresh after a while.

A different API issue I've had also, is being the nominated person updating the API for all passengers on the ticket. I still haven't figured that out, as to whether it had something to do with another family member going into Manage My Booking. But it worked in the end.

UK
reviews: 84
6. Re: british airways a.p.i

Give it a few days and try again, may be a website glitch. If that doesn't help, phone BA, dont leave it to the day.

dublin
7. Re: british airways a.p.i

I'm with joe on this one. Don't just leave it to on the day.

aberdeen
reviews: 31
8. Re: british airways a.p.i

Thank you all for your advice, I called BA who took my details over the phone and updated it for me so it's all sorted

Reply to: british airways a.p.i
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted