We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is My Passport water Damaged ?

Cairo
reviews: 33
Is My Passport water Damaged ?

Dear Friends ,

Today i had my passport a little bit wet from the bottom since i had a wet floor and i did put my bag on the wet floor , so my passport bottom pages was wet alittle including the bio page .

Now i dryed the pages and the biopage using a hair dryer , its looks fine for me , no water marks , pages are separate and not glued to eachother , and the info on biopage didnt change or had water marks also i didnt have any stamps on it , so nothing was altered .

I am travelling next week to USA , Do you think i might face any issues ?

should i check anything before travelling , ?

Do you think the passport was damaged by any means ?

Thanks alot for your answers and help .

18 replies to this topic
DC
reviews: 1
1. Re: Is My Passport water Damaged ?

It looks good to me.

Hants, UK
reviews: 17
2. Re: Is My Passport water Damaged ?

It sounds good to me.............

Cairo
3. Re: Is My Passport water Damaged ?

I just had the pages ( Wrinkled ) due to water effect . ..is it a problem ?

kentucky
reviews: 38
4. Re: Is My Passport water Damaged ?

Is this a US or Egyptian passport?

Edited: 2:18 pm, December 21, 2013
Cairo
5. Re: Is My Passport water Damaged ?

This is a British Passport ,

Cairo
6. Re: Is My Passport water Damaged ?

Its a British passport

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 14
7. Re: Is My Passport water Damaged ?

"I am travelling next week to USA , Do you think i might face any issues ? " - You might or equally you might not as it comes down to the opinion of the individual check in staff or US Immigration official. If you're travelling next week do you have enough time to get the passport replaced to remove any risk, if not you have no alternative other than to hope for the best.

London, United...
reviews: 23
8. Re: Is My Passport water Damaged ?

No one can really advice you, because you can't post pics and we can't judge without seeing it. If the data on the info page is not damaged and the passport is not damaged it should be fine.

How wrinkled is wrinkled and how that impacts the data we can't guess. I'm sorry. It's like asking us to forecast the weather three weeks tomorrow. We simply can't tell. You will just have to make a decision, either replace or chance it.

New York City, New...
reviews: 77
9. Re: Is My Passport water Damaged ?

I have a fairly good hunch it'll be alright. You wouldn't be the first traveler to accidentally get a little moisture on their passport. It's a travel document, so a little wear and tear from the rigors of travel can be expected. (You did state on your post that the water damage is hardly noticeable)

However, there's a human factor involved here. If the immigration agent processing you happens to be...uhm, "having a bad day" and inclined to be nasty, no one here, as Froggy stated in post #8, can state with certainty what can happen because it's purely subject to the discretion of the officer concerned.

Oregon
reviews: 15
10. Re: Is My Passport water Damaged ?

My passport got wet while in my handbag from a wet umbrella while I was in South Korea. The pages were a little wrinkled, so I put it on a table with a book and something heavy on top over night. The next morning it was perfectly flat. You couldn't tell that it had been wet at all. I think that I got lucky though. Next time I will keep my passport in a ziplock bag.

Reply to: Is My Passport water Damaged ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted