We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 Options at FRA

kentucky
reviews: 37
2 Options at FRA

Hi, folks. I rarely need a Plan B for standby but a little info would help, please. IF I don't get on DL flight to JFK, I can fly either LH or AF to CDG and overnight for nonstop to final destination (CVG) next day. AF will be one shot (4-5 hr wait--I have priority pass lounge)) or LH will be about hour+. Any advice, please? Thanks a bunch. PS--this will be Sat.

1. Re: 2 Options at FRA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10:13 am, December 18, 2013
NomadicForever
reviews: 15
2. Re: 2 Options at FRA

Although Im not a LH fan, I would choose to stay in FRA and go on LH. But yes, I would also check out seat situation unless you fly premium.

Madrid
reviews: 7
3. Re: 2 Options at FRA

If you go LH to LHR you then have a choice of a number of DL or VA flights to the USA.If your planning on non-rev then the short haul is always easy to get a seat,then more options out of LHR for long haul.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
reviews: 182
4. Re: 2 Options at FRA

Reposting because I think I get it now.

Option 1: FRA-CDG (LH, I think A320). vs. Option 2: FRA-CDG (AF, I think A318).

In both cases, the OP will be overnighting at CDG and flying back CDG-CVG in the morning on DL.

I still don't understand the comments on the waits or one shot, but unless I was stuck in the middle seat, I'd take AF if it offered more SkyTeam benefits. Seat maps say both jets are 3-3 in economy.

kentucky
5. Re: 2 Options at FRA

Thanks all--I am flying standby on all flights as employee spouse. I cannot stay in FRA because there are lots of others on standby list next day for DL flts. I do have good seniority but I'm not using the extra option DL offers.

LHR flts to US are higher taxes/fees and seats are very limited, CVG nonstop is wide open for standby, so getting to CDG is paramount on 21st. Even AMS has not been good the past few days.

It's only a short flight; I was asking about which would make easier connection in FRA due to terminals and timing. I am flying nonrev and I have great resources at CDG for well-priced hotels. I'm leaning toward hanging out at T1 for AF...Thanks again, everyone.

PS--bk--thanks, I just read your post. That's about it.

Edited: 10:34 am, December 18, 2013
kentucky
6. Re: 2 Options at FRA

My husband's DL 107 will depart around 2pm.If I don't make it. there is one AF at 7pm and 2 LH around 4 to get me to CDG. SOrry, bk, that's the one shot and waiting note.

Edited: 10:36 am, December 18, 2013
Madrid
7. Re: 2 Options at FRA

There is also the high speed train that goes VIA Cologne (I think).

Why are you so keen to get back with hubby to clean the house,when you could be shopping in Paris with a valid excuse?

kentucky
8. Re: 2 Options at FRA

Paris--YUK

Besides that opinion, I don't shop, and I want to go home for Christmas! If I wait much longer, I'll be taking the train to see my friends in Belgium or Bremen! Great idea for someone else...

Madrid
9. Re: 2 Options at FRA

Just looked at expert flyer,you have 2 AF flights

AF 1919 FRA-CDG 1540-1720 J4C4Y9B9M9

AF 1319 FRA-CDG 1740-1900 J5C5Y9B9

3 LH flights

LH 1040 FRA-CDG 1605-1720 9's everywhere,so wide open

LH 1042 FRA-CDG 1642-1800 J5 Y9B9

LH 1046 FRA-CDG 1750-1905 9's everywhere,so wide open.

Based on that I would think your chances of FRA-CDG are good.

kentucky
10. Re: 2 Options at FRA

I have to find those AF flights, rapidex--I don't see them at all. I only see # 1119 at 19:00 that works IF I miss my DL. This is 21Dec