We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone upgraded with optiontown?

Adelaide, Australia
reviews: 6
Has anyone upgraded with optiontown?

I am flying with airasia, and have paid for a few upgrades with each leg with optiontown.

The money is refunded if we dont get the upgarde, but what was wondering is, how likely are we to get an upgarde? Has anyone else used optiontown and got there upgarde?

Thanks for the help.

London, United...
reviews: 23
1. Re: Has anyone upgraded with optiontown?

There is a search button for the forum at the top of the page so you can see if anyone has asked your question before. Here is one of the threads.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k59709…

Brisbane, Australia
2. Re: Has anyone upgraded with optiontown?

Basically it depends on if there is space available and how long in advance you apply for your upgrade.

Say that there are 3 available seats, but 3 or more people applied for the Optiontown deal before you, then you will miss out.

Oh and it is very popular on the flights to and from Australia.

Edited: 4:20 pm, December 13, 2013
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 29
3. Re: Has anyone upgraded with optiontown?

My husband and I got upgrade twice on a return flight Syd to Kl but I had applied for the upgrade around 9 months in advance .

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
reviews: 75
4. Re: Has anyone upgraded with optiontown?

we got the spare seat between us option on a day flight Syd > LK .. but as others have said we applied a long way in advance and had already booked PE seats (snagged an amazing price) for our overnight return leg.

New York City, New...
reviews: 77
5. Re: Has anyone upgraded with optiontown?

I'm not really sure if the one who applies for the upgrade earlier gets it. From what I've gathered, it's more of a "lucky draw" kinda thing, so even if you participate at the last possible minute, it makes no difference.

I've got a question too though... how soon is the money credited back to your account if you're unsuccessful in the upgrade option?

New York City, New...
6. Re: Has anyone upgraded with optiontown?

Off topic:

Perhaps the OP wasn't keen on posting questions on an old thread since the info/feedback may no longer be up to date. =)

Brisbane, Australia
7. Re: Has anyone upgraded with optiontown?

'I'm not really sure if the one who applies for the upgrade earlier gets it. From what I've gathered, it's more of a "lucky draw" kinda thing, so even if you participate at the last possible minute, it makes no difference.'

Where did you gather this "lucky draw" kinda thing from?

New York City, New...
8. Re: Has anyone upgraded with optiontown?

The guess was based on members' reports (either Tripadvisor, VT, or other sites) where travel companions received the upgrade... despite opting to participate in Optiontown much later than the ones who weren't successfully upgraded.

I doubt anyone will take the time to verify those claims, but if the upgrades are on a "first in" basis, I find it odd to keep receiving emails from Optiontown when I have (practically) zero chance of getting upgraded (if I join now) since I booked 6 months ago.

Just my 2 cents =)

reviews: 3
9. Re: Has anyone upgraded with optiontown?

Hi, for those who got upgrading by AirAsia. If you got approval by 1 day to 4 hours before departure time. Can you choose your meal & seat or add on luggage to 30kg from 25kg which one of complimentary , on "manage booking" ? Since you are premium seat customer now, you may enjoy same benefit as who purchased premium seat for normal price, right? Thanks.

10. Re: Has anyone upgraded with optiontown?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, yesterday