We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Economy Comfort - Delta Airlines

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
617 posts
3 reviews
Economy Comfort - Delta Airlines

Hello again, as I revisit this question, am trying to really determine if (for me) it is worth the $180 round trip extra I'd be paying. My trip isn't until May but probably these 5 rows have all been sold out. [My flight is from PDX to Amsterdam.]

I do not drink beer, so the only perk I see is the pre-boarding luxury, and I would ask, is it worth the $180 to be able to pre-board on both flights?

The additional leg room is only about 6" extra and so is the recline, these perks are not gigantic and I do realize, it's still within the realm of "economy seating."

What do you think? THANK YOU.

Edited: 7:54 pm, December 12, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,872 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: Economy Comfort - Delta Airlines

Hard to know if it's worth the extra money to you personally. I can usually get EC seating for free due to my status with Delta and I really like extra legroom, especially for long-haul flights. However, I am 6'1" (1.85m) so unless you are really tall it may not matter that much to you.

I probably would not pay $180 just for the pre-boarding. You will get a free checked bag for an international flight, so snagging an overhead bin is not that critical. You seem comfortable enough with the regular seat pitch in Coach, so if you don't need the extra legroom, then I would say skip it.

-JimG

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
617 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Economy Comfort - Delta Airlines

Thank you. I shall skip it!

Hey, first time also that I"m considering just a carry-on. I've never traveled to Europe with just a carry-on but my friend convinces me that it's the only way to go.

She said that with a small luggage it limits me from buying junk, etc. True!

I found a really nice lightweight carry-on luggage (IT brand), weighs 3 pounds). So cute. But I might regret not bringing my checked-in luggage though. So that is my 2nd order of priority to decide.

I love to travel but I hate the little details.

THANK YOU.

THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando
Level Contributor
3,072 posts
131 reviews
3. Re: Economy Comfort - Delta Airlines

I wrote a review after paying if it helps:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k7000374…

Hope it helps!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
2,872 posts
15 reviews
4. Re: Economy Comfort - Delta Airlines

" I've never traveled to Europe with just a carry-on but my friend convinces me that it's the only way to go"

Actually I agree with your friend. Most people bring WAY too much (heavy) luggage when they travel. For Europe it pays to pack light since you normally do a lot travel by train. It can get really tiring trying to haul and stow all that heavy bulky luggage. I personally travel with just a backpack and a small rollaboard. This is more than enough luggage space for 1-2 weeks, even in colder climates. You just have to be smart about what you bring (only essentials, not everything you might ever possibly need).

-JimG

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
20,730 posts
5. Re: Economy Comfort - Delta Airlines

I haven't checked luggage in seventeen years. I am a MUCH happier traveler when I don't have to worry about checking luggage, retrieving luggage, tracking lost luggage, waiting for luggage, hauling luggage, etc. And going carry-on only has really made me revisit how much stuff I need to haul around with me. Really, not so much!

6. Re: Economy Comfort - Delta Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 14, 2014