We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jetstar to Hawaii - Experience?

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 47
Jetstar to Hawaii - Experience?

Hi All,

Has anyone recently flown to Hawaii with Jetstar from Sydney?

Any feedback on the experience, what is to be expected?

I will be travelling on Jetstar to Hawaii early next year as it was a good price and would like to hear anyone's feedback from their experience.

Thanks in advance.

Jamie

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 23
1. Re: Jetstar to Hawaii - Experience?

No personal experience but you might find some info here.

www.airlinequality.com/Forum/jetstar.htm

Avoca, Australia
Destination Expert
for Rusutsu-mura
reviews: 9
2. Re: Jetstar to Hawaii - Experience?

Complaints about Jetstar usually relate to flight schedule changes or cancellations (sometimes unannounced), or the extra costs incurred when people don't understand the terms and conditions with LCC's. If nothing goes wrong, JQ can be (very) good. Pay for an exit row, overnight in an economy seat is torture on any airline.

Edited: 7:01 pm, December 12, 2013
Adelaide, Australia
reviews: 33
3. Re: Jetstar to Hawaii - Experience?

We flew from MEL-HNL with Jetstar last August. All up we took 19 flights with 12 different airlines on our self organised RTW trip and the flight with Jetstar was far and away the best - and that includes emirates on the A380 Rome -Dubai. .

And we are in our 60's and never pay for extras like exit rows etc . IMO "torture " is all in the mind unless one has an actual physical ailment.

Sydney, Australia
4. Re: Jetstar to Hawaii - Experience?

Oh wow better experience than the Emirates A380 I'm impressed! I'm going with an open mind and just want to trip to go smoothly. I'm taking my 82 year old grandmother and was concerned it would be uncomfortable for her. Especially since it is an overnight flight in the way there.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Much appreciated.

Adelaide, Australia
5. Re: Jetstar to Hawaii - Experience?

Hmm 82yo gm. Maybe I would try for an exit row or even PE in that case. But we found the crew to be excellent, the flight uneventful and even arrived early in HNL.

Also we bought our food in the airport at MEL - but actually found that it was about the same price on the plane and it looked better than what we got at the airport - so would never do that again.

Sydney, Australia
6. Re: Jetstar to Hawaii - Experience?

I'll look into purchasing exit row seats for her comfort. Were the meals onboard just wraps and sandwiches or actual hot meals like a fully serviced airline?

Edited: 4:58 am, December 13, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 38
7. Re: Jetstar to Hawaii - Experience?

You might find that an 82 year old does not meet the airline requirements for sitting in an exit row seat as there is an expectation that in the event of emergency or evacuation you are able to assist other passengers.

Adelaide, Australia
8. Re: Jetstar to Hawaii - Experience?

The meals were mostly wraps and sandwiches. Cant remember any hot food - but there may have been some - but certainly not full meals like Qantas etc.

While yes you have to be physically fit to sit in an exit row - I am not aware that there is any upper age restriction. There are plenty of very fit 82yo's around.

Newcastle, Australia
reviews: 11
9. Re: Jetstar to Hawaii - Experience?

jetstar.com/au/…food-and-drinks

adelaide
reviews: 20
10. Re: Jetstar to Hawaii - Experience?

we flew Syd- Hnl-Syd in February 2014 with Jetstar. Flights were on time (even landed early both ways)

We didn't buy any food (we took our own snacks) and we didn't pay for their inflight entertainment (we took our own ipads) But the flight was fine. for the cheap airfares that you get.....no complaints at all. would fly them again easily.