We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qatar Airlines

reviews: 11
Qatar Airlines

We flew to Heathrow, London on 2Dec13, 2105hours ( QR 941 ) from Singapore, transiting in Doha. My elder daughter left her favorite winter jacket in overhead compartment of this flight. When we discover this, we were about to board the plane for the 2nd leg of the flight from Doha to London. We were at a lost of what to do. 

When we arrived at Heathrow, London, we approach the Qatar Airways counter at Terminal 4. 

We were told by Inam, to email to Found Property Central Office (fpco@qatarairways.com.qa )and cc toLHRLLQR@uk.qatarairways.com. 

We were very grateful for his assistance. 

The email regarding the lost jacket was sent with much anticipation.Within 24hours, we received an email reply from Douglas D. Dulay ( Baggage Services Supervisor - Doha Hub ) informing us that the airline have received the claim on their lost and found website.We were very impressed by Qatar Airways' efficiency. Douglas reassured us that the matter will be looked into thoroughly and as soon as their investigation is completed, we will received an update. We were elated as this winter jacket meant so much to her. 

In less than a day, we received an update from Darshini Hettiarachchi, Found Property Central Office, Baggage Services Agent- Doha Hub. We were told that the article has been found in Doha and they would forward it to Heathrow. 

Shortly after which, we received another email update from Aaron B. Handumon ( Baggage Services Agent, Found Property Central Office, Baggage Services - Doha Hub ) informing us that the item will be placed in a box and will be forward under rush tag QR001532.Reading the emails sent out by various parties made me see that they are highly trained professional who worked very well as a train. They also understands their passenger's need. 

I am writing this to say *no words* can describe how grateful we are to the Qatar Airways and all who helped in one way or another in helping us get back the jacket.Yes,this is my family's 1st time but it surely won't be our last ! 

We would also spread the word of the outstanding service standard of your esteemed airlines to our friends and relatives. Thanks Heaps. 

11 replies to this topic
Liverpool, UK
reviews: 14
1. Re: Qatar Airlines

Glad it worked out - I probably wouldn't have even bothered trying and just put it down to my own fault for not checking before getting off the plane.

Shows you that excellent customer service still exists.

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
2. Re: Qatar Airlines

Surprisingly good service from the ground staff at DOH.

3. Re: Qatar Airlines

Yes, excellent customer service still exist and it really made my day !

4. Re: Qatar Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:05 am, December 13, 2013

5. Re: Qatar Airlines

People like them made a huge difference in our lives

NomadicForever
reviews: 14
6. Re: Qatar Airlines

The excellence of a company hinges on their staff. All have good ones and others. You were lucky your email got picked up by a staff member who is interested in doing a good job. It may be very different another time.

leeds, uk
Destination Expert
for Leeds
reviews: 301
7. Re: Qatar Airlines

i've flown qatar, and i agree their service is brilliant

apart from the plane food :P

however... HUGE difference from the experience i had with emirates!!

Well done Qatar

London, United...
reviews: 23
8. Re: Qatar Airlines

Good for them. I also probably would have assumed it lost and not bothered. Just goes to show really.

Sydney/Melbourne
reviews: 42
9. Re: Qatar Airlines

I must be getting jaded. I read this post expecting the big BUT......and then a complaint......

Good for you for following up and good for Qatar for getting your jacket back to you.

Just goes to show, it never hurts to ask and sometimes things work out just the way we would like them to.

Lovely to read a positive story that ended well.

West Kilbride...
reviews: 12
10. Re: Qatar Airlines

Like evamelb I was waiting for the BUT........

Unusual to read a post of this nature these days, good work Qatar!

Reply to: Qatar Airlines
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted