We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Trolley - nightmare

Manchester, United...
8 posts
Travel Trolley - nightmare

Hi guys,

I've just booked flights for Montreal for June next year.

for some strange reason once the booking had gone through it missed part of my first name off, i rang up within 24 hours as my e-tickets had the name wrong.

these are are a bunch of clowns based in India! customer service is shocking. here are the options im given.

1. Cancel the ticket receive £47 back, when i paid over £550 18 hours ago

2. pay us £115 admin charge to add my full name one which i thought id already entered, if i dont do this today, tomorrow the admin charge may go up or down??

3. take the risk and turn up at the airport!

Management are not calling me back and have said that its my fault my full name never came through.

bit frustrated, what are my options?

its just been 26 hours since ive booked.

Regards,

I.,

34 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
20,436 posts
23 reviews
1. Re: Travel Trolley - nightmare

Sorry, but you entered your own name wrong, proceeded through the step of confirming the data was accurate, to payment without spotting it, and then come on line and call the staff at the call centre the clowns?

Seriously?

Madeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Funchal, Madeira, Madeira Islands
Level Contributor
6,013 posts
40 reviews
2. Re: Travel Trolley - nightmare

Read this link, you should have researched before you booked.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k67361…

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
3. Re: Travel Trolley - nightmare

Constantly amazed that no-one can find the T/A site before they make a booking but sure as hell know where it is afterwards?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
9,478 posts
17 reviews
4. Re: Travel Trolley - nightmare

"bit frustrated, what are my options?"

Your current options were given to you by the company you booked through. Your future options are to continue chasing minor savings by throwing money at dodgy 3rd party sites or book directly from the airline. You don't say which airline you're flying but many have a 24 grace period where they will cancel bookings free of charge.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
20,708 posts
5. Re: Travel Trolley - nightmare

Is it a very long first name? Many airline systems truncate the names to the first eight or something characters.

essex
Level Contributor
3,271 posts
56 reviews
6. Re: Travel Trolley - nightmare

Am not sure whether to blame the whole texting/twittering generation for this now common error of people being unable to enter the correct data when paying large amounts of money for flights. But seriously folks, spelling things stupidly wrong on your mobile when communicating with nobody in particular is okay, however, doing this when entering details that should match the details on your passport when booking flights that cost you hundreds or even thousands of pounds is so not okay it is not even in the same time zone.

Manchester, United...
8 posts
7. Re: Travel Trolley - nightmare

Hi all,

Its' with US Airways.

I'm certain i entered my full name. its just been over 24 hours.

Anyone got a number for us airways i can call direct? struggling to find one online.

Thanks

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
9,478 posts
17 reviews
8. Re: Travel Trolley - nightmare

usairways.com/en-UK/…default.html

Be prepared though that they are likely to send you back to Travel Trolley since they are agents you booked through.

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
9. Re: Travel Trolley - nightmare

0845 600 3300

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
4,229 posts
15 reviews
10. Re: Travel Trolley - nightmare

Unless you have a very long name as mentioned in post 5, you have made a mistake when entering your name.

Most likely greed driven you to book with Travel Trolley. You were given the options. It is rarely a good idea to throw good money after bad money.

Consider seriously to write off GBP 500 as an expensive learning in how not to plan travels and in managing greed going forward.

In future book your tickets directly with an airline. It may appears at first to may cost you a few GBP more; reality is it will save you money and nerves in the long run.

Reply to: Travel Trolley - nightmare
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted