We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qatar Air

Brooklyn, New York
reviews: 1
Qatar Air

To frequent flyers to the Gulf: please give us your frank opinion of Qatar Airways. How do they rate in service, cleanliness, food, on-time record, and compared to, e.g., Emirates generally?

Thanks, marti NYC

\

Tamworth, United...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
reviews: 8
1. Re: Qatar Air

They're the best airline I've ever flown with and beat Emirates.

Food was as good as airline food can be, service good, cleanliness good and our flights on time. We found the seat pitch better than other carriers.

Would not hesitate to use them again. Excellent airline.

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
2. Re: Qatar Air

I prefer QR over EK.

Avoca, Australia
Destination Expert
for Rusutsu-mura
reviews: 9
3. Re: Qatar Air

QR rated 5 star compared to 4 star EK.

www.airlinequality.com/StarRanking/5star.htm

Dubai, United Arab...
reviews: 12
4. Re: Qatar Air

On long haul flights they are very good and better or at worst equal to EK. On shorter flights (within ME) the picture can be different, with much more inconsistent service. Consistency in service and standards is by my opinion a not so strong point of QR (but also of EK).

In terms of cabin I perceive the economy product more or less equal, with advantage on space/service for QR and IFE for EK. I prefer the QR Business class but EK First. QR has a limited first class network.

Sometimes I personally doubt on QR's five star rating. There is still a long way to match Singapore airlines. But fact is QR has a skytrax five star and EK 'only' a four star rating.

Being based in Dubai for me the key disadvantage of QR is change-over in Doha. I therefore prefer a direct flight with EK vs. an indirect with QR. Obviously this has nothing to do with the quality of QR but with pure logistics.

Last but not least EK has the larger network. Both have a modern fleet. EK has the A380 which I really like. Both have the B777 which I like very much as well.

In summary both are good choices. I decide more on schedule and price before the QR vs. EK criteria comes up.

Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
5. Re: Qatar Air

QR are getting A380s soon.

Dubai, United Arab...
reviews: 12
6. Re: Qatar Air

Qatar has ordered a total of 13 A380 with first delivery planned for spring 2014.

Emirates has ordered a total of 140 A380 with a current fleet of around 40.

I am not very emotional when it comes to flying. For me the focus is getting from A to B. I just like the additional features currently on the A380. But like on the B747-100 where there used to be a lounge upstairs it is by my opinion just a question of time till all this extra space will be converted into turnover generating space.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
reviews: 981
7. Re: Qatar Air

In the last few years my mum has flown with Qatar regularly, long haul so really rates them highly.

I flew with them a few years ago, I would rate them slightly below Emirates.

Leeds, United...
reviews: 33
8. Re: Qatar Air

Yes agree with #1 , 2 and 3 Qatar far better airline than Emirates. They have a very good in flight entertainment, good food, plentiful drink, superb attentive air crew and good efficient check in. In short the best airline I have flown with despite the old rather messy Doha airport. Prefer Etihad to Emirates.

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Qatar
reviews: 27
9. Re: Qatar Air

Qatar Airways Cabin standard and cleanliness is superior to most airlines.

Take Care

Beast666

Mount Kenya...
10. Re: Qatar Air

Well for Qatar Air was very good for me, service cleanliness is superior to most airlines, you will get food according to your taste...