We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

change of name in bookings

Milan, Italy
change of name in bookings

hey everyone! i have a question, 3 weeks ago i booked a flight with Vueling airlines and i just checked it again yesterday and turns out i had mispelled my friend's name. But it is not that much, her name is Feldmane and i wrote her Fieldman. In the web it said that u must pay 50 euro per person per way to change it, but is there any way to not have to pay and instead ask them to put a note on it? because it is not that much, and another friend of mine said she had that experience and they just put a note on it. i couldnt reach their customer service for a moment so i am not that sure. any suggestions? or are there anyone who had the same experience?

6 replies to this topic
Nowy Sacz, Poland
Destination Expert
for Poland
reviews: 42
1. Re: change of name in bookings

Why risk her being turned back - pay and learn to check next time.

London, United...
reviews: 22
2. Re: change of name in bookings

Change it, name must match the passport. That's two different surnames.

Dubai, United Arab...
reviews: 12
3. Re: change of name in bookings

If you want to be sure that your friend will fly with you, then you have to change (and pay).

If the difference is small or not, fact is that the name on the ticket does not match the name in the passport.

Be happy that the charge is only 50 Euro. It could have been much worse.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
4. Re: change of name in bookings

Try to get hold of Vueling before paying, they might change it for free. The former may be easier said than done though.

UK
reviews: 83
5. Re: change of name in bookings

because it is not that much

-------

I'd say its quite a lot.

Pay the €50 and be thankful it wasn't much more.

Edinburgh
reviews: 4
6. Re: change of name in bookings

That might not seem like much of a mistake to you but it's now a completely different surname. You would be best phoning and paying the 50 dollars. Without reporting it your friend will be denied boarding.

Reply to: change of name in bookings
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted