We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gatwick Easyjet Bag Drop - Opening Time and Queue

SW England
reviews: 6
Gatwick Easyjet Bag Drop - Opening Time and Queue

We are flying from Gatwick North just before midday on Sunday. We are staying the night before at a Premier Inn within walking distance of the terminal.

I am hoping that I can walk up to the airport early in the morning with our one suitcase for going in the hold. Three questions:

- How long before the flight can you do the bagdrop? EasyJet have indicated that it is 2 hours but I would prefer to do it earlier so that I can get it out of the way and go back to the hotel for breakfast.

- What are the bag drops queues like nowadays? I heard that they used to be long but am wondering if that has changed since they moved to online check-in.

- Can there be long queues at passport control at Gatwick?

Thanks

20 replies to this topic
London, United...
reviews: 98
1. Re: Gatwick Easyjet Bag Drop - Opening Time and Queue

your last question ----- yes sometimes

madeira
Destination Expert
for Funchal, Madeira, Madeira Islands
reviews: 25
2. Re: Gatwick Easyjet Bag Drop - Opening Time and Queue

A quick look at the website quotes up to 2 hours before scheduled departure for bag drop.

North Terminal: All easyJet domestic flights and all flight numbers beginning with the number 8. It is located in zone G and H.

- South Terminal: All flight numbers beginning with the number 5. It is located in zone C.

Edited: 6:54 am, December 04, 2013
UK
Destination Expert
for Sorrento
reviews: 5
3. Re: Gatwick Easyjet Bag Drop - Opening Time and Queue

From their FAQs so not for your flight. We used the service a few weeks ago, very convenient.

"If the flight you have booked leaves London Gatwick before 08.30 you can drop off your hold luggage at the airport Bag Drop desk from 20:00 until midnight the night before.".

London
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 73
4. Re: Gatwick Easyjet Bag Drop - Opening Time and Queue

I would drop the night before if your flight leaves early enough.

SW England
5. Re: Gatwick Easyjet Bag Drop - Opening Time and Queue

Thank you for the replies.

The flight takes off 11.50.

I was hoping to be able to do the drop before 8.

SW England
6. Re: Gatwick Easyjet Bag Drop - Opening Time and Queue

Have rung Gatwick and they believe I should be able to do a very early bagdrop

Edited: 1:50 pm, December 04, 2013
Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
reviews: 50
7. Re: Gatwick Easyjet Bag Drop - Opening Time and Queue

We always fly on the first EJ flight out of north terminal to Malaga. This year we got to the airport 3 hours before our flight (I'm OCD about being late so would rather be extra early!) and the queue was really long as it has people on lots of flights dropping bags off. If your flight is at 11.50am I doubt they will allow you to drop your bag off any earlier than 9am but you could check with them before you check in at the hotel.

Worthing, United...
reviews: 26
8. Re: Gatwick Easyjet Bag Drop - Opening Time and Queue

I've phoned easyJet's CS line before about this. Apparently you can drop bags off for any time flight any time from the night before.

Brighton, United...
9. Re: Gatwick Easyjet Bag Drop - Opening Time and Queue

That's completely different to what easy jet cs told me. They advised you can drop off bags for flights leaving before 8.30am at any time from 8pm the night before. For all other flights the norm is that they can only accept hold bags 2 hrs 30 mins before the scheduled departure time for your flight. Also they will only accept bags up to 40 mins before the flight leaves so if you get to check in after this, you won't be able to travel as your bag won't have enough time to get to the plane.

Loughborough...
10. Re: Gatwick Easyjet Bag Drop - Opening Time and Queue

I have flown with easyJet and dropped bags off at Gatwick North more than 2hrs 30min before departure. However it was only 3hrs before and the desk agent seemed totally unconcerned.

In my experience things at Gatwick often work differently to what officialdom tells you, like flights arriving at the opposite terminal to the one advertised (which is where the people meeting you are waiting) which you only find out once the plane has landed and is taxi-ing to stand.

Reply to: Gatwick Easyjet Bag Drop - Opening Time and Queue
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted