We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ctrip - Non Responsive

Hong Kong, China
Ctrip - Non Responsive

Hi Guys,

My wife and i booked our tickets to Japan through CTRIP for travel in July 2013. We couldn’t make the trip and cancelled according to the CTRIP policy. We promptly got an e-mail saying that it will take upto 3 months for the rerun to come through. After 3 months we were informed we can’t get a refund till the airline refunds Ctrip. Which we found bizarre since we didn’t buy tickets from the airline and bought it from Ctrip. After persisting we got a call and were told that Ctrip would refund our money, but it would take 4 weeks. This was followed up by an e-mail confirming the same.

We’re now on 6 weeks since that e-mail and the supervisor that confirmed this refuses to come on the phone and the customer service executives cannot help.

Has anyone had a similar experience and managed to get their refund? Any suggestions on what we could do?

Appreciate the help

3 replies to this topic
australia
reviews: 17
1. Re: Ctrip - Non Responsive

Get your credit card company to do a chargeback, you have the promise in writing. The CC transaction is only live for a year from purchase date so get moving.

London, United...
reviews: 23
2. Re: Ctrip - Non Responsive

Agree with Jagjetfly, if you have all the documentation ie proving that you cancelled in line with policy, that refund was due and time has now past, speak to your card provider to initiate charge back and then they can take the argument with them,

Be warned though, sometimes it can be just as painful with the card provider.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 127
3. Re: Ctrip - Non Responsive

Ctrip will already have paid the Airline that's why they are waiting for the airline to refund them, you will get the refund eventually, we had to wait a year and that was with a direct booking with Lufthansa, I'm not saying you'll have to wait this long but airlines tend to leave it as long as possible.

Hopefully the credit card company will be able to sort it out.

Reply to: Ctrip - Non Responsive
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted