We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stansted Airport and Ryanair

Stansted...
Stansted Airport and Ryanair

Hi!

I have three questions!

Firstly, I am not a frequent flyer but have a flight in a couple of days. As I'm flying from Stansted I want to make sure that everything goes smoothly so I was looking for Stansted Airport map to see where everything's located (security, baggage drop desk etc). However, I couldn't find it anywhere. Could anybody give me a link to Stansted Airport map or could tell me where I could find it, please?

Secondly, I am arriving to the airport quite early because of the transportation (no coaches later). But I have a check-in baggage. As I am flying with Ryanair I read on theirs website that the baggage drop desk opens two hours before the departure. I was wondering how strict is that - since I arrive about 4 hours before the departure I'd like to give away my baggage straight away and then go through security so I don't have to worry about the time and other things. Is this possible or not?

Thirdly, I have a bit general (and dummy) question. If I drop off my baggage, does Ryanair have its own desk (I mean is there one or two desks only where I can drop off my baggage)? So, do I have to find the right desk? If yes, how? Do they show this on screens somewhere?

Since I feel quite nervous about it, then all other hints and tips, which you find relevant, are welcome! :)

Thanks!

Stansted...
1. Re: Stansted Airport and Ryanair

And one more question!

Using Ryanair I don't get a seat number, do I? I mean, can I choose any free seat or not?

Scotland
reviews: 79
2. Re: Stansted Airport and Ryanair

Map of layout of the airport for you...it's actually really easy to find your way about, very well signposted and easy to find the security screening area. All the desks for check in are really easy to spot, once you've checked in head to security once you're through you have shopping and restaurants.

stansted-airport-information.com/Images/stan…

Edit - don't worry too much it's a really straightforward airport to navigate

Edited: 6:15 pm, December 03, 2013
Scotland
3. Re: Stansted Airport and Ryanair

Here is another link for Stansted airport

stansted-airport-guide.co.uk/terminal-map.ht…

Essex
reviews: 71
4. Re: Stansted Airport and Ryanair

Stansted Airport is not massive, and the staff are good.

If you cannot find what you are looking for, just ask "anyone"!

Stansted...
5. Re: Stansted Airport and Ryanair

Thank you very much!

I was looking for the map before for ages but couldn't find it. (I must be dummy :) ) Thanks for the map link, it makes things much more easy for me. :)

And these other questions. Especially the one where I asked when I can give away my baggage. Is it possible to give my baggage away more than two hours before my flight (4 hours or so)? I really appreciate your help!

Edited: 3:23 am, December 04, 2013
Scotland
6. Re: Stansted Airport and Ryanair

Hi, it's been a while since I've flown with Ryanair so I don't know whether you can drop your bags off earlier. Best thing to do is on arrival approach the staff at the check in desk and ask them if you are able to check your bags there and then. Then proceed immediately to security and get that out of the way then you should be able to sit and relax. Keep an eye on the departures board to check when your flight is boarding and from what gate.

Honestly you will be fine it is a really easy airport to navigate.

London, United...
reviews: 23
7. Re: Stansted Airport and Ryanair

Sometimes you can check in bit earlier, but not four hours. Usually it's the two hours though.

As for finding the desk there will be a large electronic screen showing which desk to go to for which flight. You can always ask someone.

Remember don't take anything through security that is liquid in a bottle larger than 100ml and keep it in a clear plastic zip lock bag.

Stansted...
8. Re: Stansted Airport and Ryanair

I really appreciate your help! Thanks!

Worthing, United...
reviews: 27
9. Re: Stansted Airport and Ryanair

Ryanair are the largest airline at the airport. Their bag drops are well signed, and there are quite a few of them. I don't think they'll mind how far in advance you drop your baggage, but then again, this is Ryanair.

There are signs all over the place, no need for a map, and the staff there are quite helpful. Just remember your plastic bags for liquids, and take everything metal off means everything. Belt, earrings, the lot. It's quite frustrating for other passengers if you have to go through the scanner 5 times. Holds the line up.

When you get onboard, the crew will tell you if there are any seats you can't take. Other than that, any seat you like. Queues at the gate start quite early because of this, people want to get the best seats.

Oh, and REMEMBER TO PRINT YOUR BOARDING PASSES. Very important.

Enjoy your flight.

London, United...
reviews: 23
10. Re: Stansted Airport and Ryanair

I think to be fair that depends on the earrings, I have never taken my earrings off yet, but They are small diamond studs, and I obviously don't take my bra off and that has metal under wiring in it .

However shoes, belt, and bangles/bracelet and watch yes, I put my jewellery in my hand bag before I go through to reduce the risk of theft. Shoes are also removed, even though they are just ballet pumps with no metal.