We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If airline cancel flight?

cornwall
reviews: 35
If airline cancel flight?

We are due to fly with virgin on the 1st of feb. If they were to cancel the flight and then put us on the flight the following day[2nd] could we insist on flying out a day early if there were seats available [31st jan]. Thanks.

13 replies to this topic
Liverpool, UK
reviews: 14
1. Re: If airline cancel flight?

Unless the airline cancels more than 24 hours in advance which is fairly rare you wont be able to fly out early.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
2. Re: If airline cancel flight?

Yes, if they cancel they must re-route at your convenience. IME there's no need to insist, airlines are generally happy to accomodate passenger wishes in case of cancellations.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 34
3. Re: If airline cancel flight?

Presuming its to MCO, why do you think they may cancel? They've only got one flight a day. If they'd got 2 there would be a chance of consolidation, but cancelling, and having to rearrange all their package holidaymakers to a different day, I would think unlikely (other than for tech reasons).

cornwall
reviews: 35
4. Re: If airline cancel flight?

Thanks for the replys. Last year [same time] they had 2 flights on the same day. Cancelled the early flight and put us on the flight a couple of hours later. I know the flight we are on is pretty empty and wondering if they may double up on the following day.

Amish country
reviews: 1
5. Re: If airline cancel flight?

Doubtful about cancellation for low number of passengers, as likely the plane will be needed for other flights and will need to be kept on a schedule to meet those other obligations. One plane doesn't fly just A to B, it's at the minimum going to bring passengers from B to A. Canceling one flight impacts many more.

Southport, Australia
reviews: 55
6. Re: If airline cancel flight?

This is just a shot in the dark question following on from this one. Sometimes jetstar change the flight timings by say 20 mins and then email and ask you to accept and agree to the change. I wonder if this is grounds for your money back, by the way only a hypothetical question. Thanks anyway.

Southport, Australia
7. Re: If airline cancel flight?

And I am talking about Oz jetstar.

UK
reviews: 83
8. Re: If airline cancel flight?

I wonder if this is grounds for your money back, by the way only a hypothetical question.

=====

20 minutes ? No.

Southport, Australia
9. Re: If airline cancel flight?

Thanks Joeintheuk. Spell check giving me a hard time with your name!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 11
10. Re: If airline cancel flight?

>>I know the flight we are on is pretty empty<<

How do you know this? Even if the seat map shows many vacant seats, this can mean only that many passengers have not yet selected seats.

Reply to: If airline cancel flight?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted