We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Man-H'row-JFK with Virgin

Liverpool, United...
reviews: 3
Man-H'row-JFK with Virgin

Hi

Just wondered if anyone has experienced this flight via Heathow? We're flying out on Thursday and have had the internal flight to H'row changed and we now only have 1 hr inbetween flights. Virgin have assured me that this is fine and we will be transferred to terminal 3 though can't help feeling this is pushing it a bit!

Loughborough...
reviews: 24
1. Re: Man-H'row-JFK with Virgin

According to the airport, minimum connection time between T1 domestic arrivals and T3 domestic departures is 75 minutes.

heathrowairport.com/heathrow-airport-guide/f…

I'd suggest pointing this out to Virgin......

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
2. Re: Man-H'row-JFK with Virgin

I would get the flight(s) changed. One hour to change terminals, re-clear security and find your gate is not enough time. The LHR website says the minimum connection time for T1 to T3 is 75 minutes (VS may have a shorter one but frankly I wouldn't go for it).

heathrowairport.com/heathrow-airport-guide/f…

Salisbury, United...
reviews: 98
3. Re: Man-H'row-JFK with Virgin

Just came into LHR the other day and had to hold for 20 mins, so there is no guarantee you will make this flight even if your MAN flight takes off on time. I would see if you could change it or are there later flights Virgin could put you on if there is space available? Depends on your attitude to risk.

Good luck.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel
reviews: 248
4. Re: Man-H'row-JFK with Virgin

I think there is a good chance that you will not make the second flight for one reason or another. Get back to Virgin and tell them that the airport itself does not consider this an acceptable time to make a connection.

York, England
reviews: 18
5. Re: Man-H'row-JFK with Virgin

You dont have to re clear security when you're connecting from little red to VS, they bus connecting passengers straight to T3 without the need to re clear security.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 51
6. Re: Man-H'row-JFK with Virgin

Just came into LHR the other day and had to hold for 20 mins, so there is no guarantee you will make this flight even if your MAN flight takes off on time.

Typically hold times, or an average hold, particularly at somewhere like LHR are factored into arrival times. Look at how much the airlines place as a block time for MAN-LHR versus straight flying time if you were to ignore the holds.

Liverpool, United...
reviews: 3
7. Re: Man-H'row-JFK with Virgin

Thanks for replies. Spoken to Virgin tonight and again been told that the flight connection time is fine! Quoted that it's less than 75 mins but they've again assured that we'll be met from the plane and transferred to the other terminal. I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed!!

8. Re: Man-H'row-JFK with Virgin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 27, 2014