We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Minor change or major change?

reviews: 1
Minor change or major change?

Can someone tell me when a minor change to a booking becomes a major change?? Ie my flight home from vegas to glasgow(via Newark with United)has been changed from 08.45 to 06.45... Booking company are saying this is a minor change...

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
1. Re: Minor change or major change?

Depends on the T&C of whomever you booked with. I think for most, 2 hours would not be considered a major change.

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 84
2. Re: Minor change or major change?

If you want to change it at no charge to a more convenient flight, you can always call and try. I don't believe UA considers this a major change.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
3. Re: Minor change or major change?

It's only 2 hrs. Definitely not major as far as UK booking companies are concerned.

Coffs Harbour...
reviews: 150
4. Re: Minor change or major change?

2hrs is most definately not a major change, hardly even a minor change.

I do understand that 645am is not ideal (especially as that means a 5am checkin), but in the scheme of air travel, a mere pebble in the shoe

South Jersey
reviews: 63
5. Re: Minor change or major change?

What end result are you looking for? Airlines may allow flight changes or cancellations without penalty if there is a schedule change greater than 90 minutes (at least domestically in the US because I have used it on more than one occasion). If UA has a more convenient flight with availablity they may allow you to change to it. They may also allow you to cancel the ticket without penalty. I've also had airlines change my flight even though technically they didn't have to because I had a CSR sympathetic to my cause.

If you are looking for some form of compensation it isn't going to happen.

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
6. Re: Minor change or major change?

"If UA has a more convenient flight with availablity they may allow you to change to it. They may also allow you to cancel the ticket without penalty."

Sounds to me like the OP booked from a 3rd party which may complicate matters.

essex
reviews: 46
7. Re: Minor change or major change?

We were notified of a flight schedule change just prior to flying that meant a 5 hour stay in Istanbul airport en-route to Beirut rather than a two hour stay, meaning we arrived in Beirut at 3.00am rather than midnight.

I considered this a major change but was not much I could do about it.

London, United...
reviews: 23
8. Re: Minor change or major change?

Well it's not decided by just how annoying it is. I Imagine this is really annoying as you have to get up really early, but, it's a minor change, as it's just a couple of hours.

One solution is just don't go to bed,,:-))

reviews: 1
9. Re: Minor change or major change?

Not wanting comp, just want to change my Newark to Glasgow to two days later. Without charge..

Nashville, TN
reviews: 8
10. Re: Minor change or major change?

"Not wanting comp, just want to change my Newark to Glasgow to two days later. Without charge"

Forget about it. That will never happen. If you want to change the return date, pay the change fees plus fare difference.