We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avios Query

London
reviews: 73
Avios Query

When you upgrade on BA from WT+ to CW, I know that you get the miles for WT+, but do you also get the tier points?

Thanks very much

7 replies to this topic
uk
reviews: 15
1. Re: Avios Query

Yes you do, so it tells me on my manage my booking, and mine is the same upgrade as yours. 150 tier points from memory! That's lgw to mru

Deb

Edited: 10:56 am, November 19, 2013
Cookham Dean...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
2. Re: Avios Query

yep, you get tier point for WR+ unless you pay for the upgrade then obviously you get tier points for the whole lot.

London
3. Re: Avios Query

Thanks.

They offered me either £1400 or £50 plus 12,500 Avios (lots of which I get back)

Bit of a no brainer

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 53
4. Re: Avios Query

150 tier points from memory!

Sounds like you're on the old tier point scale for longhaul, with the exception of the longest routes it's now 90 tier points each way for WT+ , 140 for Club World. and 210 for First.

UK
reviews: 84
5. Re: Avios Query

They offered me either £1400 or £50 plus 12,500 Avios (lots of which I get back)

Bit of a no brainer

=======

Yep, thats why its such a great deal. And the higher status you are the more points you get back, at Gold (which I am not) it probably doesn't cost any points at all :-)

uk
reviews: 15
6. Re: Avios Query

op2002 I had to look it up my memory is not so good lol

15,186 points

200 tier points

so it says in manage my booking

Deb

London
7. Re: Avios Query

I have silver, so it's a pretty good deal.

It was 7749 Avios & 90 TPs on the way here, so should be the same on the way back.

Reply to: Avios Query
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted