We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malaysia airlines

reviews: 1
Malaysia airlines

Hi everyone! I'm flying from Melbourne to KL and then onto phuket in April 2014 but its my first time flying with malaysia airlines, can anyone tell me if they have inflight entertainment eg: screens behind seats? Any help would be much appreciated. Ps wooooooo holiday!!! Yeeewwww

12 replies to this topic
Fredericia, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Bentota, Beruwala, Sri Lanka
reviews: 7
1. Re: Malaysia airlines

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/mas.htm

2. Re: Malaysia airlines

Cheers mate

Ballarat
3. Re: Malaysia airlines

I've flown Malaysia Airlines from Melbourne to KL & onwards a couple of times in the last couple of years - they do indeed have inflight entertainment in the back of their seats! A good selection of movies, TV, games and music too... definitely enough to keep you occupied for a flight. Good food and service too!

Happy travels!

4. Re: Malaysia airlines

Excellent! Have travelled a fair bit but never with Malaysia airlines and I assumed they had entertainment systems on back of seats but you know what they say " you should never assume" haha. Thanks for your help

Auckland Region...
reviews: 72
5. Re: Malaysia airlines

Enjoy their signature satay too! :)

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
6. Re: Malaysia airlines

Plenty of photos on here - flyertalk.com/forum/other-asian-australian-s…

It looks like you'll be on either a 777 or A330-300 for MEL-KUL and a 737-800 for KUL-HKT. I've flown the 777 and 738, and will be on the A333 in a few weeks. Both the 777 and 738 have in seat video with AVOD, and the A333 new planes (photos above) do too. I can't think your flight nor mine (to Shanghai) will have the old A333s if any are still flying.

Just be aware that the 738 seat pitch is a cramped 30", but your flight to Phuket is barely 90 minutes (my 738 from Bangalorw is 4 hours).

My last trip with MH was 2 years ago and very pleasant, and I'm looking forward to this one. Good food, good IFE and very good FA service. And KUL is a very pleasant airport for transit.

Have fun.

melbourne
reviews: 32
7. Re: Malaysia airlines

flew Malaysian 2 months ago & they have a great entertainment system... food a bit meh, but overall a good experience.

Malaysia
reviews: 4
8. Re: Malaysia airlines

Not all MH's 738 have seat video with AVOD. Only the newer planes have it.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
reviews: 3
9. Re: Malaysia airlines

I've done about 10 sectors with them this year

Yes they hace seatback IFE for sure between MEL and KUL, as ThomasGee1 says only some 737s have it, but for the KUL-Phuket flight which I have taken several times you are in the air about 1 hr 15 mins so no worries.

Food on MH is 'ok' but in my opinion not as great as years ago.

10. Re: Malaysia airlines

Thanks for the great feedback guys!!

Reply to: Malaysia airlines
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted