We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dublin or Heathrow ?

Blue Hill, Maine
Dublin or Heathrow ?

Has anyone flown Boston to Newcastle via Dublin rather than Heathrow.

Is it better/ quicker etc???

8 replies to this topic
Romford, United...
reviews: 23
1. Re: Dublin or Heathrow ?

Dublin knocks the spots off Heathrow for transiting through IMHO plus it could save you valuable time overall on the way back as you may be able to pre-clear US INS/Customs on route at Dublin for Boston

Wilmslow, United...
reviews: 3
2. Re: Dublin or Heathrow ?

Since October 27 all Boston flights are pre-clearing in Dublin's terminal 2

Limerick, Ireland
3. Re: Dublin or Heathrow ?

Youtube " U S Customs at dublin airport "

Blue Hill, Maine
4. Re: Dublin or Heathrow ?

Thanks for the advice ......... I am a green card holder ........how long lay over in Dublin would I need,

to go through US Customs and Immigration. thanks.

Blue Hill, Maine
5. Re: Dublin or Heathrow ?

Ok I think I have one more question .........can I check my bag in at Newcastle to go through to Boston and not have to pick up in Dublin to do customs.

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 13
6. Re: Dublin or Heathrow ?

I would allow a layover of a minimum of 2 hours in Dublin to pre clear US Immigration/Customs and as far as I'm aware you should be able to check your bags through to the US from Newcastle assuming you're on a single ticket.

Blue Hill, Maine
7. Re: Dublin or Heathrow ?

Ok thanks all for that .....

Romford, United...
reviews: 23
8. Re: Dublin or Heathrow ?

Assume you are looking at Aer Lingus BOS-DUB-NCL flights? and as they are currently arriving at DUB 05.25hrs and departs for NCL at 06.50hrs the 95mins connecting time should be just fine assuming the BOS-DUB flight is on time,EI are pretty good at assisting pax with connections

On the way back on current schedules you should have plenty of time for pre-clearance

Edited: 12:39 pm, November 13, 2013
Reply to: Dublin or Heathrow ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted