We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

US-American Reach Settlement with Regulators

North Carolina
reviews: 23
US-American Reach Settlement with Regulators

huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/12/us-airways-ame…

Wondering how this will affect the US Charlotte hub.

Madrid
reviews: 7
1. Re: US-American Reach Settlement with Regulators

It will become an American hub.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
2. Re: US-American Reach Settlement with Regulators

From AA -

"In the settlement agreement with the state Attorneys General, the new American has agreed to maintain its hubs in Charlotte, New York (Kennedy), Los Angeles, Miami, Chicago (O'Hare), Philadelphia, and Phoenix consistent with historical operations for a period of three years. In addition, with limited exceptions, for a period of five years, the new American will continue to provide daily scheduled service from one or more of its hubs to each plaintiff state airport that has scheduled daily service from either American or US Airways."

Edited: 3:30 pm, November 12, 2013
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
3. Re: US-American Reach Settlement with Regulators

Well when the lawsuit was initially filed I said that it could kill the merger through delaying tactics, so I eat my hat! :-)

4. Re: US-American Reach Settlement with Regulators

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, November 14, 2014