We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airline Review

Boston...
Airline Review

If anyone is considering traveling on Estonian Airlines, beware that no water is offered free on their flights. I recently flew a 1:45 hr flight, followed by a mad dash through Estonian passport control line & security to fly again on a 2:35 hr flight & not a drop of free water anywhere! I consider this to be poor public relations and unacceptable service for a national airline & have never encountered such a lack of common courtesy on any other airline.

Dubai, United Arab...
reviews: 12
1. Re: Airline Review

What you are writing, seems in line what the airline is promising.

Quote from their website: "Passengers in the Eco Class cabin can buy snacks and beverages from the Flight Shop. Payment for buy-on-board items will be accepted by Visa and MasterCard credit card or in cash EUR."

What made you expect more than they promise on the website?

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds
reviews: 130
2. Re: Airline Review

Maybe unfortunate for you but I've never had an issue on any airline who haven't offered me a free drink. I'll either pay or not have a drink.

To me the airline is responsible for getting from A to B.

Watford, United...
reviews: 12
3. Re: Airline Review

Quite frankly it's hardly a 'beware' moment is it.

Beware the plane only has one wing, beware the pilot is Stevie Wonder, beware the toilet's contents are rising up and attacking passengers....that I can understand, but beware no free water? Come on.

Sunderland, United...
reviews: 28
4. Re: Airline Review

Have to agree with the other posters here, in fact as yet, I've never encountered an airline where you DO get free water.

Boston...
5. Re: Airline Review

Thanks for all comments & especially the numerous ones. In the last 2 weeks I flew Icelandair, KLM, LOT Polish Airlines, Ukraine International, & Estonian Airlines was only airline to NOT offer a cup of water. I understand that many of the cheaper European carriers will not offer this "luxury", but a national airline usually does. All American carriers I know of offer free poured water, at least on flights of at least an hour. Maybe my American is showing, but I am not used to name-brand individually bottled water for sale as my only water option.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
6. Re: Airline Review

I'm actually quite surprised by this as I expect it from Low cost airlnes but Scheduled airlines usually offer a drink with some snack like peanuts free of charge at least that's always been my experience flying around Europe.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 117
7. Re: Airline Review

'in fact as yet, I've never encountered an airline where you DO get free water.'

You will find many, many airlines provide 'free' water as well as other drinks, food....... depends on who you fly with, perhaps you have only traveled with LCC's/charter where its the norm to purchase drinks. Full cost carriers provide water.

You dont get 'free' water with the likes of Easyjet, Ryanair, Air Asia...and so on you pay. However as it stated in Estonian Airlines website beverages are available to purchase I would expect to buy water.

Worthing, United...
reviews: 11
8. Re: Airline Review

Hi

Nothing is free, you pay for any extras with your fare.

Last time I flew Estonian Air, about four years ago, I emailed them to say it was my husband's birthday and we got free champagne and chocolates. So I won't hear a word against them.

Jackie

Nowy Sacz, Poland
Destination Expert
for Poland
reviews: 42
9. Re: Airline Review

It's on the website - complimentary meals and drinks only for Flex and business fares. Nowt for Light or Eco. You paid your money, you made your choice!

estonian-air.ee/en/…

London, United...
reviews: 23
10. Re: Airline Review

You should have checked, the refreshment offer is dependant on the airline.

Agree with mr Marcoos, it's hardly a beware moment, you could have just not been tight and bought some.