We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easyjet - one hold baggage between two

Sheffield
reviews: 38
Easyjet - one hold baggage between two

I want to book a return flight Manchester-Munich, travelling with my husband. We only need one hold bag between the two of us but I can't see how that is possible to order when booking online. If I understand correctly you can either have a hold bag each, or no hold bag. One between two doesn't seem to be an option.

Have I interpreted this right? Can anyone advise on how we just take one bag between us?

Is the only way to do this is to book our flights separately?

7 replies to this topic
Travelling The World
reviews: 13
1. Re: Easyjet - one hold baggage between two

When you go to add hold baggage you will indeed see two dropdown menus, one for each passenger, giving the options for hold baggage.

Next to each of those menus is a little x, Just click on one of those x's and the menu for that person will disappear.

A bit fiddly! IMO it would be better to have a "no hold baggage required" option in the menu,

australia
reviews: 17
2. Re: Easyjet - one hold baggage between two

All you do is add baggage first and against the second person click on the x button to delete one bag

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
3. Re: Easyjet - one hold baggage between two

Sure it's possible, just delete one bag. There's a little 'x' next to each bag that you need to press.

australia
reviews: 17
4. Re: Easyjet - one hold baggage between two

we both answered at the same time...Douglas your screen sounds different to mine... you click on the sole button "add hold luggage" it automatically adds one bag for each at the "average used weight" then you delete or change the weights as appropriate

kent
reviews: 29
5. Re: Easyjet - one hold baggage between two

we always just take 1 bag between us and i'm sure when you click on add luggage, it has 2 then you click on the 1 from the drop down and the price goes down to 1 bag, as ours is usually near the 20kg i now take a cabin bag too

Aberdeen, United...
reviews: 7
6. Re: Easyjet - one hold baggage between two

I too always just take one hold luggage between 2,just click on luggage it will come up 2 just clck that and a dropdown menu will appear .then just click one,...simple,

Sheffield
reviews: 38
7. Re: Easyjet - one hold baggage between two

I think I remember that the drop down button could be changed to one, but that no longer seems to be the case. I have clicked on the X so that deletes one person's luggage. The wording is ambiguous though - it could be interpreted as meaning you can take hold luggage on one journey (e.g. the outward joinery), but not on the way back.

So either Easyjet is being obtuse, or I am being dim... Anyway I will delete one person's luggage and hope that I don't have to dump husband at airport ;-)

Thanks so much for the input everyone. Good old TripAdvisor!

Reply to: Easyjet - one hold baggage between two
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted