We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Direct Flights Melbourne Australia to Barcelona Spain

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 14
Direct Flights Melbourne Australia to Barcelona Spain

Hi , can anyone tell me if there are direct flights Melbourne Australia to Barcelona Spain ? I am having trouble getting and answer on the www - thx

8 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 24
1. Re: Direct Flights Melbourne Australia to Barcelona Spain

Both Qatar and Emirates fly to Barcelona (from Melbourne), via Doha and Dubai respectively.

Perth, Australia
reviews: 21
2. Re: Direct Flights Melbourne Australia to Barcelona Spain

There are no direct flights.

As mentioned above, there are flights that only require one change of aeroplane, on the same carrier, and your luggage is booked all the way through with no need to clear Customs or Immigration in the transiting country. Quite convenient. But that's not the same as a direct flight.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 36
3. Re: Direct Flights Melbourne Australia to Barcelona Spain

skyscanner.com.au is a good tool to use to see what flights are potentially available.

Madrid
reviews: 7
4. Re: Direct Flights Melbourne Australia to Barcelona Spain

If you mean nonstop,then no there are not.Direct means keeping the same flight number but with a stop,and there may well be.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
reviews: 3
5. Re: Direct Flights Melbourne Australia to Barcelona Spain

Another very good option in Singapore Airlines from MEL to Singapore connecting with non stop SIN to barcelona

"means keeping the same flight number but with a stop,and there may well be" - No , there are None

As stated you can keep with one airline and be booked all the way through but flight change en route but that is easy with airlines such as Singapore Airlines etc

I would be wary on Skyscanner as to routes offered , eg flying Jetstar from MEL to SIN then over 8 hours wait for a KLM flight to Amsterdam and then another flight from AMS to Barcelona, and you could not check through from Jetstar to KLM, so I would be very wary of routes offered.

Stick with Singapore Airlines, Emirates or Qatar Airways

Edited: 3:06 am, November 11, 2013
Gurgaon, India
6. Re: Direct Flights Melbourne Australia to Barcelona Spain

In my opinion, you may check austrian airlines on Goibibo and get your direct flight wherever you want to go.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
reviews: 3
7. Re: Direct Flights Melbourne Australia to Barcelona Spain

# 6 - Austrian airlines do Not fly to Australia

Cala d'Or, Spain
reviews: 87
8. Re: Direct Flights Melbourne Australia to Barcelona Spain

Singapore Airlines would be my first choice. Good connections at Changi, great airline.

Reply to: Direct Flights Melbourne Australia to Barcelona Spain
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted