We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BA 24 hour check in

london
reviews: 1
BA 24 hour check in

Does it always open exactly 24 hours before the flight, or does like some other airline companies, it opens an hour or so earlier? I ask as I want to try and get the best seat possible without paying any extra fees!

Virginia
reviews: 30
1. Re: BA 24 hour check in

From my experience it is exactly 24 hours.

Madrid
reviews: 7
2. Re: BA 24 hour check in

But if you have a connecting flight,24 hours before the first flight in the series.You can see the countdown clock on manage my booking.

London
reviews: 34
3. Re: BA 24 hour check in

If you only have that one flight, then it'll become open to you at exactly T-24.

However, some seats will have already gone because of (1) some customers - those on certain tickets or holding OneWorld status cards - can select seats earlier, (2) BA will pre allocate seats for families with young children to keep them together and (3) passengers on connecting itineraries can check in at T-24 for their entire journey, so will check in for the later legs earlier than T-24.

UK
reviews: 89
4. Re: BA 24 hour check in

(4) people will have paid for seats.

london
reviews: 1
5. Re: BA 24 hour check in

Thanks everyone, I better make sure I am online at exactly 24 hours to go then!

Madrid
reviews: 7
6. Re: BA 24 hour check in

5 people on full fare F and J seats who get free seat selection at time of booking.

London, United...
reviews: 23
7. Re: BA 24 hour check in

It's 24 hours from the first flight,,,

To explain,,,I flew yesterday from Miami to bxls via London, I could check in for the London leg at the same time as I checked in for the Miami departure, which was approx 36 hours before the London flight.

So although it's not a connection for you, some will have checked in before the 24 hour deadline and in these instances it's open before the 24 hours, however I think this is the only instance you can check in before the 24 hours.

8. Re: BA 24 hour check in

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 12, 2014