We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone used MH insure when booking flights?

Adelaide, Australia
reviews: 3
Has anyone used MH insure when booking flights?

We are about to book flights with Malaysia Airlines and they have MHinsure on their site.

Does anyone have any experience with MHinsure? Also will they insure mother who is 82 years old?

3 replies to this topic
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
1. Re: Has anyone used MH insure when booking flights?

If this is insurance sold by Malaysia Airlines (and it looks like it) then I'd be very cautious. In fact I'd say no. I wouldn't buy any travel insurance offered by the airline you're insuring against.

If I were you I'd research independent travel insurance. Read the coverage and T+Cs very carefully. And look for a policy that covers what you NEED. Your mother may need more (or less) coverage based on her age and condition than a "click here, kerchinggg" policy would give.

Remember travel insurance should cover (a) pre trip issues, (b) during trip issues, (c) airline operational issues such as delays, and (d) medical and emergency coverage.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 97
2. Re: Has anyone used MH insure when booking flights?

In all my flights with MAS I never took out their own insurance, and really would not do so for the same reasons given above.

Check policy's very carefully for cover for your mother and use an insurer who will specifically cover her needs when traveling as an older traveler

Petaling Jaya...
3. Re: Has anyone used MH insure when booking flights?

Yes my family trip from KL-Hong Kong-KL from 19 - 26 Dec 2013.

We do have issue of Late delivery of luggage & damaged luggage during the transist.

Claim sent on Jan 2014 but as at today no response from the claims department.

- No acknowledgement of receiving e-mail from the claimer???

Reply to: Has anyone used MH insure when booking flights?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted