We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flight comparisons

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 6
flight comparisons

BA or VA. I have been looking at various options for 5 adults.

BA economy out GLA-LGW-MCO return business MCO-LGW-GLA £5634

VA economy MAN-MCO £4911

VH fly drive economy MAN-MCO £4700 inc ins???? cheaper than standalone flights.

We are looking to travel next sept for 3 weeks and have our accommodation. We are looking at poss upgrading on Virgin flight but the BA sounds interesting but unsure what they are like for the economy outbound flight. Any advice would be gratefully rec'd as my head is going to explode soon

10 replies to this topic
UK
reviews: 81
1. Re: flight comparisons

Just £100 extra per person to fly business class on the return leg? Rip their arm off !

Is it by any chance same price if you do business outbound instead of return as I think you'd get more use of it on a daytime flight? But I'd still take it anyway even if not.

Limerick, Ireland
2. Re: flight comparisons

Consider GLA - DUB - MCO with Aerlingus.com

Youtube " U S Customs at dublin airport "

Also from April 1 2014 there will be no travel tax

from DUB to MCO

When you land in MCO you can go direct to the baggage area

landside and on your way.

Edited: 9:31 pm, November 08, 2013
Calgary, Canada
reviews: 279
3. Re: flight comparisons

Sorry completely disagree with Jon - point of Business Class is to be able to sleep not use the benefits. I fly regularly in club and recently had to endure an economy night flight for the first time in maybe 15 years - never again thats what points are for .......... bite their hand off, make sure you take business on the night flight direction.

Rob

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 279
4. Re: flight comparisons

Other point I forgot to mention is you will also have 3 checked bags in both directions on BA because of being Club in some segments - another benefit if going to the outlet mall capital :-)

Rob

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
reviews: 5
5. Re: flight comparisons

<pedant hat on>

Virgin Atlantic is VS.

VA is the IATA code for Virgin Australia. Different airlines, though both with a stake held by the Bearded One. He also holds a minority stake in another separate airline Virgin America (VX).

<pedant hat off>

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
reviews: 14
6. Re: flight comparisons

USBT, is your pedant hat rather like that of modynes', a fluffy pink sombrero? It just might suit you, you know.

I'm with joe about the opportunity to book Club World for £100 extra per person. It's a nice cherry on the cake of a holiday to fly home in Business class, makes the end of the trip a bit less bittersweet. Travelling in Club World is a considerable treat in comparison to flying in Economy as well.

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 6
7. Re: flight comparisons

thanks everyone for your comments. I really do fancy the business class return. people are saying their is a sale next month from both companies.

oops sorry for wrong abbreviation.

will price dublin ine also

Liverpool, UK
reviews: 13
8. Re: flight comparisons

"people are saying their is a sale next month from both companies." - The reason BA is good value is that they have a Business/First sale which ends on 12 November and booking after that date will probably be a lot more than the current price.

I would expect the next BA sale to be targeted towards economy/premium economy as I wouldn't expect another Business/First sale immediately after the latest one - if you could fly only one leg in Business I'd favour the outbound where you'll get more benefit from the in flight service and the lounges but it all depends on whether sleeping on the return is an issue for you.

UK
reviews: 81
9. Re: flight comparisons

Yes, people can disagree which way is best, each to their own, but I think the key point is, do not expect to find this offer in a future sale, you might find the overall price cheaper but not including business, or at least I very much doubt it.

Scotland
10. Re: flight comparisons

Hi Modynes , we have done the exact same as you. Flying from Edi to Orlando via Gatwick, out in economy and home in club class. Nice way to end the holiday me thinks!.

In terms of prices, to book the same journey before the sale was an extra £300 - £400.

Really looking forward to clubclass, just slightly dissapointed that they charge you £65 to prebook your seat in clubclass!!.

Reply to: flight comparisons
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted