We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair-will priority boarding also be scrapped?

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
reviews: 210
Ryanair-will priority boarding also be scrapped?

The very rushed press release does not make it clear.

So

1. Many pax will have already paid for their flights for 2014, some will also have paid for Priority Boarding. If this is scrapped, by law FR will have to refund them the charge for a "non existent service"

Will they,and how? If it was me in charge I would give them a f&b voucher to use on board rather than refund CC's

2. Similarly, those pax may have prepaid for specific seat/rows together with PB (no option). Do you think that those pax will now be treated as PB or do you think all of the signage indicated the split queue will be scrapped?

SS

17 replies to this topic
Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
1. Re: Ryanair-will priority boarding also be scrapped?

I don't see anything in the press release about scrapping PB. What makes you think it's a possibility they will scrap it?

Travelling The World
reviews: 18
2. Re: Ryanair-will priority boarding also be scrapped?

Why would they scrap PB? It's a nice little earner. I would imagine since there is no announcement to the contrary that the current system will continue, i.e. those who purchase the "special" seats (extra leg room and near the front and back) will continue to have PB included, and others can purchase it as another extra.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
3. Re: Ryanair-will priority boarding also be scrapped?

DC8

Sounds sensible,but since when has MOL been sensible?

However,if you have already been allocated a seat why pay extra for PB?

UK
reviews: 83
4. Re: Ryanair-will priority boarding also be scrapped?

However,if you have already been allocated a seat why pay extra for PB

========

get your bag in the overhead

Loughborough...
5. Re: Ryanair-will priority boarding also be scrapped?

Same reason as EasyJet, I imagine - if it is absolutely essential that your hand luggage travels in the cabin with you and is not gate-checked, then Priority Boarding guarantees that you will be on the plane before the overhead bins fill up.

Travelling The World
reviews: 18
6. Re: Ryanair-will priority boarding also be scrapped?

"However,if you have already been allocated a seat why pay extra for PB?"

Since no change has been announced in this regard I imagine that it remain as it is - only premium seats will include PB. You will have the option of paying for a seat in advance (or not and taking what you are given) and also for PB. The cost of seat+PB would obviously have to be less than a premium seat for this to work.

The advantage of PB in this scenario is to ensure that there is plenty of bin space when you board. That will be even more important with the extra small bag.. I was on a flight recently and there wasn't enough space even with the one bag rule. Bags went in the hold (at no charge of course, but meaning an unexpected wait at the carousel).

wirral
reviews: 67
7. Re: Ryanair-will priority boarding also be scrapped?

I must confess until a recent return trip on Ryanair MAN-PMI-MAN I wasn't attracted to Priority Boarding as a solo traveller. However the lack of bin space in the overhead lockers due to so many pax who boarded earlier than I did and obviously were taking carry-ons of max size has made me resolve to pay for PB in future. Don't think I would go so far as pay even more for a selected seat when travelling alone.

I do like it on EZY since they went to allocated seating.

8. Re: Ryanair-will priority boarding also be scrapped?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 1:02 pm, November 04, 2013
Edited: 1:02 pm, November 04, 2013

Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 15
9. Re: Ryanair-will priority boarding also be scrapped?

"However,if you have already been allocated a seat why pay extra for PB?"

Aside from the overhead space issue, priority boarding is a common perk for statusholders with most airlines so it must be something many people value and appreciate.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
10. Re: Ryanair-will priority boarding also be scrapped?

Joe

"get your bag in the overhead"

spot on.

SS

Reply to: Ryanair-will priority boarding also be scrapped?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted