We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about toiletries allowed in luggage

North Shields, UK
reviews: 33
Question about toiletries allowed in luggage

I have been looking at what toiletry products you are allowed to take onboard a flight and I know certain products are not allowed on board. This probably sounds like a random question but I can't find a definite answer anywhere online so I thought I would ask. Does anyone know whether you can take hair removal cream in your checked in luggage? Thanks.

18 replies to this topic
Travelling The World
reviews: 17
1. Re: Question about toiletries allowed in luggage

Unless it is specifically prohibited (e.g. explosives) then you can take anything you want in your handluggage providing it is not more than 100ml if it's a liquid. Similarly in your checked luggage, but the size restrictions don't apply.

Hair removal cream is fine, but it has to go in your checked luggage if the container is larger than 100ml.

North Shields, UK
reviews: 33
2. Re: Question about toiletries allowed in luggage

Thank you.

Boston...
reviews: 123
3. Re: Question about toiletries allowed in luggage

Just be careful to triple bag it so if it lets go in transit your clothes aren't ruined. Easy to purchase when you arrive if you're going to a city.

Edited: 11:49 am, November 02, 2013
Kent, United Kingdom
reviews: 41
4. Re: Question about toiletries allowed in luggage

Just a thought, but if you are only going away for a couple of weeks, why not think about Veet, or similar brand waxing strips?

That way, no mess, nothing to leak in your luggage...and they don't smell as badly as most hair removal creams can.

Finally, if you are going somewhere very hot, some hair removal creams can sensitise your skin and cause problems if your skin is exposed to the sun.

Wellington, New...
reviews: 1
5. Re: Question about toiletries allowed in luggage

Probably because VEET and similar hurt like hell?

Boston...
reviews: 123
6. Re: Question about toiletries allowed in luggage

I'd recommend purchasing there. I've had stuff (hair gel) leak in my bag and ruin clothes.

Leyland, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
reviews: 42
7. Re: Question about toiletries allowed in luggage

I always have a couple of hair removal cream sachets in one of my toiletries bags. They go in a sealed plastic bag, just in case, but they've never leaked,

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
reviews: 18
8. Re: Question about toiletries allowed in luggage

I travel with an amazing array of personal and household products in my checked luggage. Wrap in a plastic bag, wrap with some clothing item that you can handle getting dirty ie. clean underwear? PJs? and then put that in another bag. I have never had a problem in dozens of trips.

Bournemouth, United...
reviews: 68
9. Re: Question about toiletries allowed in luggage

as far as I am aware, there are no toiletries that cannot be taken in your checked luggage. The restrictions apply to hand luggage. However, I do stand corrected

Bournemouth, United...
reviews: 68
10. Re: Question about toiletries allowed in luggage

I think you may be getting confused with products that you can take on board with you, to your seat and those that have to be packed in your case and put into the hold

Reply to: Question about toiletries allowed in luggage
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted