We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Don't trust Vayama

Canberra, Australia
reviews: 6
Don't trust Vayama

Recently booked with Vayama for a well priced sale fare. Received an email stating that my booking was verified, and once my credit card had been authorised, my tickets would be issued.

Two days later I received an email stating that Vayama did not wish to offer the original fare anymore, and that I would have to accept their new (higher) fare.

Appreciate that air fares do change often, and that this time my tickets had not officially been issued. But I think it's a little odd to change the fare after several days and completing the payment / check out process. So, just a warning that Vayama may take some time to confirm your fares, and by that time it might be too late.

3 replies to this topic
UK
reviews: 85
1. Re: Don't trust Vayama

<<Two days later I received an email stating that Vayama did not wish to offer the original fare anymore, and that I would have to accept their new (higher) fare.>>

"did not wish to" or ""could not" ? Would "have" to accept it or "could choose" to accept it?

<<Appreciate that air fares do change often, and that this time my tickets had not officially been issued. But I think it's a little odd to change the fare after several days and completing the payment / check out process. >>

Its common that most third party bookers work this way. Not odd at all. Read the terms and conditions which explain how they work. If you didn't read them, don't complain when a term in there (for example, LARGE extra fee for any change) jumps up and bites you in the rear. This is by no means a Vayama specific issue.

<<So, just a warning that Vayama may take some time to confirm your fares, and by that time it might be too late>>

So will most third parties. If that low fare ever existed, with many third parties its simply a come on and doesn' exist or only for one ticket at 3am on one date in the typhoon season and every otehr fare is $500 higher.

Thats why nearly everyone here advises to book direct with the airline, because large savings rarely are there, and trivial savings (which is what you are most likely to get) are not worth the risk of additional hassle plus much worse, eg with some third parties its not uncommon to pay more than with the airline, or simply get defrauded if you chase to the bottom with lowest advertised price.

Edited: 5:51 am, November 01, 2013
London, United...
reviews: 23
2. Re: Don't trust Vayama

As joe says, it's how most of them work. Simply because the pricing is not live and they need to go and buy you a ticket from the airline,,,Just as you could have done.

You really do need to read the terms and conditions before purchasing and not just tick the box and pretend you have. You really are only pretending to yourself, and it's for your own benefit to read them.

Ps, the definition of " several" is not two either.

Cala d'Or, Spain
reviews: 87
3. Re: Don't trust Vayama

'Don't trust Vayama', well if you check this and other forums, you would probably run a mile.

Why people deal with the likes of operators like Vayama amazes me and to be honest, I don't have much sympathy when things go wrong.

A fool and his money are easily parted. Harsh I know, but the bitter truth.

Reply to: Don't trust Vayama
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted