We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Southwest Entertainment

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
4,905 posts
155 reviews
Southwest Entertainment

Last time I flew in 2012, there was no entertainment on the plane. My flight yesterday had in flight Wifi (not free unless you are an elite member, otherwise $8) and free Dish TV, which was great. Much better!

Plano, Texas...
8 posts
1. Re: Southwest Entertainment

Ok... and your point is?

Southwest has recently started offering DishTV for free as a promotion to see how the service would go. As with all airlines, WiFi is usually provided,(either free or for a fee).

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
20,615 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Southwest Entertainment

Nothing wrong with the OP at all. I wasn't aware that WN had dish TV or wifi, so it's useful to me. Thanks OP.

And not all airlines have wifi. United is only just starting to put wifi onto its fleet, and so far only a small percentage of its aircraft have it. A minority, but growing, of its A319/320s, and about 60% of its 747s.

Edited: 12:19 am, October 31, 2013
NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
28,306 posts
21 reviews
3. Re: Southwest Entertainment

I too didn't know Southwest had any kind of entertainment. I was already formulating my answer, "no, bring a book!" When did this start?

Austin--I don't know what airlines you fly, I haven't come across wifi and fact is, I don't mind being disconnected for awhile!

South Jersey
Level Contributor
2,037 posts
64 reviews
4. Re: Southwest Entertainment

I always like the singing flight attendants.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
4,905 posts
155 reviews
5. Re: Southwest Entertainment

Yes, the flight attendants were quite the jokesters: "All devices to be completely shut off for take off, not in quiet mode, airplane mode or Depeche Mode!" Also, since it was a flight to Boston, quite a few Red Sox cracks. HA! Showed them last night, LOL.

South Jersey
Level Contributor
2,037 posts
64 reviews
6. Re: Southwest Entertainment

My favorite was the FA who said "If the oxygen masks come down place them over your face and breathe normally......yeah right" on the return trip the male FA took some loud deep breaths into the mic and said "Luke - I am your father".

South Jersey
Level Contributor
2,037 posts
64 reviews
7. Re: Southwest Entertainment

Most of US Air's fleet has Wi-FI - but it does not work over open water.

My United flight from FLL-EWR on Sunday had dish TV (first time I have seen it) but no internet.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
25 reviews
8. Re: Southwest Entertainment

Why do we feel that it's the job of the airline to "entertain" us? Why can't we entertain ourselves? Read a book(remember books?) magazines, play cards, talk with each other, meet new friends, sleep.

Seems to me that the airlines job is to transport us to where we are going, in a timely manner, and in total safety. Just a thought. Chuck.

9. Re: Southwest Entertainment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, November 02, 2014